Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
No, I haven't, I just know it won't work ... with ME being the problem, not my dogs!!
If you feel that forgetting treats one day will undo all your work - you do not understand how to do it.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
If you train correctly you DO NOT need to offer a treat every time. In fact most of us phase out the treats pretty quickly.

The dog does not get all "sensitive" over the lack of treats, nor are they able to judge that they have done some kind of wrong.
Clearly you don't know my dogs ... believe me, they would sulk and take the ball away
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:19 PM
No, I haven't, I just know it won't work ... with ME being the problem, not my dogs!!
As the others are saying - no they wont have an issue if you do it right

Yes if EVERY time at a certain point or a certain behaviour they got a treat then one day you forgot your treats then they would quite rightly take the huff

But if some days they get no treats, but you have treats with you and randomly when they do something AMAZING you can reward them - and they never know when - then they wont

Its like a bonus at work
If you randomly get a bonus for doing great work then that motivates you all the time because you just dont know what will get the bonus
If bonuses are only available in January - then people wont really work that hard for them in April - but will put a bit more effort in in December
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Clearly you don't know my dogs ... believe me, they would sulk and take the ball away
Feel free to bring them up here any time and me and J&C would be happy for them to prove you right - and of course us get to cuddle them
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Gnasher, I think you need to call the news and inform them that you own the only dogs on the planet that are immune to the laws of learning!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Feel free to bring them up here any time and me and J&C would be happy for them to prove you right - and of course us get to cuddle them
Haha sounds good to me!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
As the others are saying - no they wont have an issue if you do it right

Yes if EVERY time at a certain point or a certain behaviour they got a treat then one day you forgot your treats then they would quite rightly take the huff

But if some days they get no treats, but you have treats with you and randomly when they do something AMAZING you can reward them - and they never know when - then they wont

Its like a bonus at work
If you randomly get a bonus for doing great work then that motivates you all the time because you just dont know what will get the bonus
If bonuses are only available in January - then people wont really work that hard for them in April - but will put a bit more effort in in December
Sorry, you don't know my dogs.

There can be no comparison between humans and dogs vis a vis rewards - my dogs are clever, but not that clever!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Haha sounds good to me!
Ooooo you're more than welcome!! They are SO cuddly!! Especially Benbo!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Gnasher, I think you need to call the news and inform them that you own the only dogs on the planet that are immune to the laws of learning!

Please don't force me to say the W word ... it will kick off yet another row!!

You will just have to accept my word that my dogs ARE possibly the only dogs on the planet that are immune to the normal laws of learning!! Well Ben - possibly Tai, away from Ben, would respond to the normal laws of learning - but not the git!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
If you feel that forgetting treats one day will undo all your work - you do not understand how to do it.
Yes I do feel that, because I know my dogs better than anyone else!!
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >