Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Exactly how can 'you' compare to how things are in the UK/Ireland to where you are

* I think Mark Twain says it far better than I ever could

""Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable. *Of the entire brood, he is the one who possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong, proves his moral inferiority to any creature that can not."
Mark Twain
well put
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well this is a forum in England so yes trash to us is rubbish.
Not ALL cats hunt, I have 3 adults here that never bother, I have had my son's 2 cockerteils here whilst he was on holiday and they didn't bat an eyelid, so maybe the ones you have come into your chicken coops are and not well fed.
My cats will lie in the chicken coop....sleeping, my chickens step over them.

I am only too thankful that the neighbours I have are real animal lovers, and don't complain, have their dogs chasing or harming cats, infact they are quite the opposite and they know their cat comes in our garden....free from harm....and I have 4 dogs, who know better than to catch cats...and Im PROUD they do too
Excellent post - well put
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
* I think Mark Twain says it far better than I ever could

""Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable. *Of the entire brood, he is the one who possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong, proves his moral inferiority to any creature that can not."
Mark Twain
Mark Twain puts it very well
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 10:09 PM
And to Stevie I've learned quite a bit about y'alls terms and the way you speak from this forum. Sure you'll do the same with mine.

Trash breaking is a term we use though. Let's say the dog is working a blood trail for deer but winds a rabbit? Well if the dog takes off after that rabbit then it is called trashing. Same as cows, chickens etc.... Have to trash break the dogs. Can you do that sort of thing with a cat? Well I guess you can.... You did say it hangs out in the coop.
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I would like to know how you cat owners view this.... Because like Stevie already proved. Majority of cat owners deny deny deny. Not saying what he says isn't true just stating the obvious.

So if your cat gets into my yard and gets a chicken what do you think the punishment should be? According to the Texas law it's death.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jpepper View Post
Just curious.... I haven't read any of this thread just decided to chime in. What are the humans going to do to the cat?

I know it was my dogs I was worried about.

and youngstevie I wish there was more cats like you.
Some Humans can be worst than anything.

Cats taken/stolen for their pelts....sold for making coats etc

Pinched /stolen for dog baiting

People that hate cats so they will fire at them with a air-rifle, often not killing the cat but allowing it to suffer terrible pain, only last year my son noticed one of his cats behaving oddly, when she was examined by a vet she had a pellet lodged behind her eye....causing her to be blind in that eye now.

Aiming cars at them deliberately

Im one of those rare people that do believe cats can be trained to a certain extent, it depends on how much time you put in on them, my cats have great recall, everytime they are out they come as soon as I call them as they know they get a threat as soon as they come in.
Apart from the two brothers (7 months old) all my other cats are in double figures, most of mine have reached 18 plus, and because I know they will come as soon as I call them, I would be worried if they didn't........only time that has happened has been twice....one got shut in a shed next door, and the other shut in our shed when I went to get the horse feed.
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Wow people sell cats and make coats out of them? I've never in my life heard of such thing..... That's horrible.

What a dog does to a cat is instinctual as to where none of those things a human should ever be doing.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Despite the cat killing the chicken, I doubt there's many would despatch the cat.

I could be wrong, of course.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jpepper View Post
I would like to know how you cat owners view this.... Because like Stevie already proved. Majority of cat owners deny deny deny. Not saying what he says isn't true just stating the obvious.

So if your cat gets into my yard and gets a chicken what do you think the punishment should be? According to the Texas law it's death.
Here I would apologise and offer to replace your chicken with another....or give you the money to get another
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Here I would apologise and offer to replace your chicken with another....or give you the money to get another
Honestly that would be enough for me. Even the apology and effort of coming onto my property and telling me so. Wish people were like that over here.

And Stevie not trying to take shots at you!!! IT's just I stated earlier in my post that most cat owners just deny or won't take responsibility and just not acknowledge the situation. Then you chimed in and said my cats would never and nobody elses would either etc... That sort of thing! Again, ain't trying to call ya out lol that is just the most typical cat owner response.
Page 19 of 23 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »