register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Grand National?
I think it should stay but changes need to be made 70 56.45%
I think it should stay with no changes 8 6.45%
I bet on it 16 12.90%
I don't bet on it 29 23.39%
I don't care one way or the other. 1 0.81%
I think it should be abolished 43 34.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 23 of 29 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I never said it applied to every disabled person (and equally you can't speak for every disabled person either).

I can empathise with those that 'can' feel isolated - whether that's because they are disabled, elderly, whatever. And it's those people who I was referring to
Then apologies Azz, your post was coming across like you were generalising.

Yes, there will be some people who feel isolated both disabled and not.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I suppose, thinking about it, sometimes it could be really hard to work with a new dog when you have had the same dog for 9 years. Each dog works slightly differently and of course you go from older, established, set in it's ways dog to young, bouncy dog (some are qualifying extremely young these days). It's a difficult transition to make I am sure...for both dog and owner.
Thanks Ailsa. Its confusing to me. This guy had a black Lab that was outwardly aggressive to other dogs, so when it disappeared I thought that was the case. He then had a lovely long coated I assume G ret/Lab. She seemed lovely, but after about a year, gone. He then had a yellow Lab which I only saw a handful of times and now he has a different one again.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thanks Ailsa. Its confusing to me. This guy had a black Lab that was outwardly aggressive to other dogs, so when it disappeared I thought that was the case. He then had a lovely long coated I assume G ret/Lab. She seemed lovely, but after about a year, gone. He then had a yellow Lab which I only saw a handful of times and now he has a different one again.
That is a high turn around isn't it?

I am going to PM you as we could go hugely off topic and a lot of what I have to say isn't for a public forum.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 09:36 AM
That is a high turn around isn't it?

I am going to PM you as we could go hugely off topic and a lot of what I have to say isn't for a public forum.
Ok thanks.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Wondering why this hasn't been answered?
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
So, how much actual hands on, inside handling of the animals do you have? Or is it an on the phone type of job, organising meetings? How much do you actually know about the organisations you set up meetings for, and what they actually do behind the public scene? Ailsa knows a LOT about it, I really tend to agree with her.

I ask because we have often been invited to seminars, talks, presentations on all types of things "dog" related, however those people that set them up have absolutely no experience at all of the working ethics and environment of the jobs they are talking about. Their job (like Im guessing yours is) is just to set up a conference or suchlike. Im sure you love your job Pidge, seriously there are not that many folk can say that these days, but I always got the impression your job was very much office connected. Apologies if Im wrong.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Mmmmm me too
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Me too.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh for goodness sake. You're like children.

I'm walking away from the thread because it's gone beyond ridiculous. If anyone really genuinely cares what I do for a living and how I claim to have knowledge of assistance dogs then PM me.

Some of you need to find yourselves a hobby.
Page 23 of 29 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »