Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
The thing is Tassle I have given up caring what people think of us that show. If they dont want to accept there is good to be done, no matter what I or others shall say will make them change their minds.
If people dont want to show, or dont want to support a show breeder then I wont force them. If people want to go to hobby breeders that breed to supply a pet market thats their choice, something I dont agree with but hey thats the thing we dont all agree with the same things.

I dont believe I said 'they dont matter' I said 'not by them that matter'. Which of course is the people entering and attending shows.
I guess we just disagree on who matters
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Why does a working dog need to be bred for looks?)
Anatomy, I wouldn't use a gsd to do the job of a greyhound.

I see it like this.

Correct temperament + correct anatomy = dog that can work

You can have the former, but if you lack the latter, the dog will be useless and vise versa.

Ref the difference between working and showing lines.

I expect that the people who sat down to right the standard for labs as an example, believed that that was what the perfect working lab should look like.

What I want to know is what has changed? why isn't that model of the labrador/springer/bc etc, viewed as suitable for its job today?
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Its very like having a 1 in 4 chance of a child having a genetic condition and thinking that because you have one child with it the next three will be OK----I have known several people get caught by that one.

rune
I'm glad my parents weren't that stupid.

Funnily enough, my mother works with someone with the same condition as me, which considering how rare it is, is amazing in itself. Btw that person has a more severe form of it though, I expect it only confirms they made the right choice.

Must be weird for her (my mother) though, as I've no doubt she compairs us...I know I did when I met her. My conclusion...I've been damn lucky.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
IMO the RR woman has no right to be in the dog owning world, despicable
Totally agree.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Ms Harrison the well known PDE presenter has been exposed as liar !!

This weeks Our Dogs front page makes very interesting reading-fancy spreading lies by e mail, flyer & her PDE exposed blog !!! tut tut tut
http://www.ourdogs.co.uk/mobile/news/news.php
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Why does a working dog need to be bred for looks?
The construction of a dog is of vital importance to it Pidge. I board a good few working springers and cockers. The ones with the bowed fronts invariably get arthritis early on, its horrible to see. The ones withs straight legs dont! they have better skeletal construction. It also amazes me how many "working" dogs that are bred have bad mouthes.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
And people really do think she tells the truth..............
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Anatomy, I wouldn't use a gsd to do the job of a greyhound.

I see it like this.

Correct temperament + correct anatomy = dog that can work

You can have the former, but if you lack the latter, the dog will be useless and vise versa.

Ref the difference between working and showing lines.

I expect that the people who sat down to right the standard for labs as an example, believed that that was what the perfect working lab should look like.

What I want to know is what has changed? why isn't that model of the labrador/springer/bc etc, viewed as suitable for its job today?
Can only speak for border collies, but the ISDS collie has never been bred to the KC breed standard.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
And people really do think she tells the truth..............
A scarey thought!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks DD, interesting reading.

Sounds to me like she didn't bother to do her homework because she thought the people she was targetting with the misinformation wouldn't know any better and that no-one who might query it would see it.

I also see that even when she knew that it was incorrect, she hadn't removed it from her website until the owners demanded this.

And finally she seems to be contradicting herself. When questioned about whether her attack on pedigree dogs and breeders would not encourage people to go to bybs, she replied that people were sensible and knew how to buy a dog. But now she appears to be saying that people don't know how to buy a dog or from where.

Maybe her heart's in the right place, but talk about a loose canon
Page 94 of 103 « First < 44 84 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 > Last »