Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Can open, Worms everywhere.

In a nutshell, hes NOT a trainer, hes a bully & cant tell the difference between a nasty dog & a scared one.....pretty basic that!
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm not saying anything...
Just watch this video and tell me that this dog is "calm"
it may help if you mute mr cesar milan out, Just focus on that dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iUeD...eature=related
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Total twit IMO, no qualifications and uses methods that simply should not be allowed under any condition, I don't care how 'red zone' a dog is there are always alternatives to shock collars, choke chains etc...
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:36 PM
He has some good points, at least he tells owners that their dogs need exercise and boundaries as well as affection, I just disagree with his methods and why he thinks dogs behave as they do.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
He has some good points, at least he tells owners that their dogs need exercise and boundaries as well as affection, I just disagree with his methods and why he thinks dogs behave as they do.
Most people with a little common sense know this - difference is they dont feel they are some sort of hero man that can change dogs in 1 hr.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Most people with a little common sense know this - difference is they dont feel they are some sort of hero man that can change dogs in 1 hr.
I guess we know very different people then. Most people I know with dogs don't bother doing a thing with them other than the occasional walk when the weathers nice.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 09:09 PM
I guess we kow different people then, most people I know with dogs (and all other pets actually) know their pets should be treated with affection and have boundaries set down, and daily excerise....
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2010, 09:17 PM
You know, I met someone in the park today with a beautiful chocolate lab. He had let the dog offlead and it had come bounding straight over to play with Kia and her gang. I bent to pet the dog and it had on one of those choke chain collars with the spikes on the inside! When he came over to get the dog, one of my friends asked him why it had on a collar with spikes, his answer: "he pulls"

Surely there is a better way to stop a dog pulling than spikes on the inside of his collar!?! A halti, harness... ANYTHING!? We told him that we didn't think it was necessary and suggested alternatives (one of my friends is a dog walker and is quite knowledgeable on such things). This guy just shrugged and dragged his dog away. Poor thing.

I have seen CM advocate using these collars and it's just unbelievable when there are so many other options out there...

Sorry, just had to vent a bit!!

S x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I guess we kow different people then, most people I know with dogs (and all other pets actually) know their pets should be treated with affection and have boundaries set down, and daily excerise....
A lot of the ones I know leave their dogs home alone all day while they work then expect them to lie down and do nothing while they chill out after work. Then they complain that the dogs misbehave. They look at me as though I'm mad when I suggest training them and walking them, they "don't have time for things like that"
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Oh dear.

Sits back and waits!!

Might have to get Tazer to bring some popcorn..........
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >