Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by littlefoot View Post
Zeus (Labrador) is from a breeder
Momo (patterdale) I helped rescue and fostered, her, her mum and sister on new years eve. Ended up adopting Momo as I totally fell for her.
3 ex battery hens which I have discovered are much quieter than posh hens.
1 rabbit bought from a pet shop. He was hidden under the counter because he had gotten to big for them to sell.
2 foster mice and a partridge in a pear tree lol.
Battery hens quieter than posh? Is that because they are running low??? (get it?? low on battery??!! )
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 10:11 PM
At present, we have 8 dogs.

Misty was from a pup, Hamish & Snipe were bought, Gracie, Midge, Blade, Tonic & Turk are rehomes, but not through rescue, they were from friends or friends of friends.

We've had one other from a pup, but he passed on earlier this year

They aren't pets as such, we take dogs based on their working ability and how well they will fit into our existing team.
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I have 1 rescue dog my rottie cross gsd as i wanted a big breed either one of his crossed breeds were on my wishlist and I knew that plenty of those breeds end up going into rescue so I agreed to have him before I had even seen him! He has come with plenty of issues but we are winning on those and although I didnt get him to become an agility dog he is such a worker he loves it.
My other two dogs were from breeders as I wanted a BSD not a lot of those under 12months in rescue. My other I wanted a small dog to do agility with I tried a rescue and passed their home check for a papillon but they decided to give him to a person who already had paps they said they would get in touch when another small dog came in but were trying to get me to take one of their large dogs who have been with them for a while - yes this is really my area of expertise (use the term loosely!) but it is not what I was looking for and they never got back to me about another dog so I went to a breeder. It can be hard to find rescues willing to rehome to someone who works full-time.
My cat is also a rescue - I had her purely because i felt guilty I had had cats all my life so knew how to look after one had the means and the space and knew there were loads in rescue - again had her without seeing her first through the same rescue that I was involved with at the time.
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Miranda Luck View Post
Battery hens quieter than posh? Is that because they are running low??? (get it?? low on battery??!! )
lol that made me chuckle.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Miranda Luck View Post
What are Anglo Wulfdogs?!?
It is a registry not a breed. This registry has been developed to try and eradicate some of the health problems and in-breeding in some of the 'wolf look a like' types or breeds. This registry has only recently been formed, so causes a bit of a stir from some fractions.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 11:58 PM
my jake is a rescue, as was my boy before him. any future dogs will, without a doubt be a rescue (unless of course there were no rescues, but i doubt that would ever happen!).
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2010, 02:06 AM
We got Teddy from a rescue in sept 09
He's a total dream of a dog , well mannered, obedient , friendly .... I still cant understand how anyone could ever have got rid of him (apparently he was a casualty of a divorce where neither one of them wanted him)

Id have another rescue dog in a heartbeat , but my OH says no more
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 05:49 AM
5 dogs here and one foster,

1 from a breeder
4 from the rescue i work with
1 foster puppy
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Shady we rescued as a 5 week old pup from a scrapyard. They had cut her tail off with scissors and children were swinging her round by the legs, it was awful we couldn't leave her there.
Kyiro we got from the greyhound Rescue. He was an ex racer who was useless at his job!

We also have 2 Rescue Guinea pigs. Tallulah is diabetic and Gypsy is blind.
Then there is Binty our rescue hamster that 2 girls bought one lunchtime and when lessons started for the afternoon in college they threw him in the bin as they didn't want him anymore. My daughter rescued him and bought him home.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 06:22 AM
I rescued my first dog Moon from Vietnam. I've owned 20 or more rescued rats over that last 10 years. I once ended up bringing home a gerbil from a vets that they had been asked to put to sleep even though it was perfectly healthy!

My current boy Cain is a rescue, has fear aggrssion and is very hard work. I'm not sure I could go through this again. I would definately rescue but I don't think my next dog would have aggression issues. Not to say I'd never try to help another aggressive dog but I think I'd need a break! I doubt I could have another dog while I have Cain anyway, not for sone years at least.

I can see my buying a breeder dog one day though. I really want a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievier. I have also never had a dog from a puppy which is what I'd like to do next. I would happily get one from a breed rescue if it came up but they aren't all that common.

Will definately rescue again too.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »