View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Lana, my present dog is a rescue dog as was Rusty my previous one. Although both times I went for a 3-4 year old dog I came back with 7 month old ones
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
3 of my 5 dogs are private rehomes 2 came with aggression issues, the other 2 came as very well bred pups.
My 2 cats came as kittens.
My 2 cockatiels are rehomes.
One African grey parrot came from a breeder and the other is a rehome.
All loved and treated equally and I would have both pups and rehomes in the future too, I don't think it's an either or situation.
I know and appreciate its a personal decision and sometimes 'matches' don't exist in rehoming shelters or rescue but I'm concerned about the unwanted pet population that is euthanised. I would always ask people to search as hard as they can on rescue sites etc before having an animal produced for them.

I'm also working towards making rehoming services better for potential adopters so they are not put off.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Miranda Luck View Post
Is it true you can't let sled trained Sibes off the lead???
Every breed club in the world advises against it. Northern breed owners ensure their dogs free run in enclosed areas.

A recent discussion on the subject

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=117258

Take care.

Seoniad.
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by SibeVibe View Post
Every breed club in the world advises against it. Northern breed owners ensure their dogs free run in enclosed areas.

A recent discussion on the subject

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=117258

Take care.

Seoniad.
Oh that's sad! I thought it may be true but thought an owner would be the person to ask!

Thanks!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Miranda Luck View Post
I know and appreciate its a personal decision and sometimes 'matches' don't exist in rehoming shelters or rescue but I'm concerned about the unwanted pet population that is euthanised. I would always ask people to search as hard as they can on rescue sites etc before having an animal produced for them.

I'm also working towards making rehoming services better for potential adopters so they are not put off.
I think all dog lovers are appalled at the current euthanasia statistics and as I have 3 of other people's cast offs I think I'm more than doing my bit. I'm also fostering a male dobermann in an attempt to address his many issues prior to rehoming, however I do feel rather strongly that if I want a well bred pup from a reputable breeder then I will have one and not feel bad about it. I've never had to search for a rescue they've always found me when I wasn't looking.
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I think all dog lovers are appalled at the current euthanasia statistics and as I have 3 of other people's cast offs I think I'm more than doing my bit. I'm also fostering a male dobermann in an attempt to address his many issues prior to rehoming, however I do feel rather strongly that if I want a well bred pup from a reputable breeder then I will have one and not feel bad about it. I've never had to search for a rescue they've always found me when I wasn't looking.
Sorry! Not trying to make anyone feel bad!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:53 PM
2 of mine are failed fosters
My lurcher who passed over the bridge last november was from a person who rescues greyhounds from the track.
My others are from a breeder as I wanted a certain type of dog from a puppy
My old moggie from the Cats protection 14 years ago
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:55 PM
What are Anglo Wulfdogs?!?
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Zeus (Labrador) is from a breeder
Momo (patterdale) I helped rescue and fostered, her, her mum and sister on new years eve. Ended up adopting Momo as I totally fell for her.
3 ex battery hens which I have discovered are much quieter than posh hens.
1 rabbit bought from a pet shop. He was hidden under the counter because he had gotten to big for them to sell.
2 foster mice and a partridge in a pear tree lol.
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Sorry if your counting fosters aswell, you need to add a hamster and 3 more dogs.
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »