View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Errrm..Yes dogs are allowed to be on the sofa's here, only usually when invited, Denny on the other hand..Oh well, make up your own mind he's a bit spoilt at the moment only being a baby

Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Errrm..Yes dogs are allowed to be on the sofa's here, only usually when invited, Denny on the other hand..Oh well, make up your own mind he's a bit spoilt at the moment only being a baby

Oh my word. If ever there was an argument about dogs on sofas, that is it!!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 12:02 AM
OMG Denny. I'm dying with laughter. What a grin that pup has!!
mumof5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:57 AM
yes, one of the things i looked at when we got our new sofa was that its big enough for everyone, including the dogs

i do put throws over the sofa to keep it a bit protected tho and if asked to move they will (but then try to get on your knee )

jan@pembs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Sorry!!! dogs NOT allowed on the furniture here.
They have to have boundries and the sofa is MY space.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I dont allow my dogs on the furniture because I think it elevates their status or anything like that, I just think it's a little unhygienic. I dont want to be snorting dog hairs up my nose if I happen to have a little nap on the settee. Then if they get fleas, you have to treat all your furniture etc.

I remember years ago my uncle had a doberman that was allowed on the sofa. Alot of the family used to visit every sunday and if the dog was already on the sofa, we all had to sit on the floor. If we got on there first, the dog would climb behind you and slowly push you off. I was only a kid at the time but I wouldnt sit on the floor so the dog could have the sofa nowadays. Thinking back, it was a ludicrous situation.
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Well mine sleeps on the end of my bed so I dont see why he shouldn't be allowed on the sofa too. I think the main thing is that they are "allowed", ie it is not theirs and they only go on there when given permission.

I remember my Mums dog had its own spec on her settee and whenever she had visitors he used to stand in front of the person who had dared to sit in his space and stare constantly at them!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I dont allow my dogs on the furniture because I think it elevates their status or anything like that, I just think it's a little unhygienic. I dont want to be snorting dog hairs up my nose if I happen to have a little nap on the settee. Then if they get fleas, you have to treat all your furniture etc.

I remember years ago my uncle had a doberman that was allowed on the sofa. Alot of the family used to visit every sunday and if the dog was already on the sofa, we all had to sit on the floor. If we got on there first, the dog would climb behind you and slowly push you off. I was only a kid at the time but I wouldnt sit on the floor so the dog could have the sofa nowadays. Thinking back, it was a ludicrous situation.
LOL. My Bo does this, or at least tries. Only difference is we don't let the crafty beggar get away with it.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by montysmum View Post
I remember my Mums dog had its own spec on her settee and whenever she had visitors he used to stand in front of the person who had dared to sit in his space and stare constantly at them!
If there's no room on the couch, Dahlia will come over and lay her head on it and stare mournfully at the people on the couch. Usually she gets rewarded by their moving over and the people on the couch get rewarded by a dog half in their lap.

Everyone seems to be happy.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Definitely yes! Our dogs are part of our family and we love having them around all the time.

Mind you, there's not always room for all of them on the sofas:

Mick
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >