Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:08 AM

Zena had her very first walk this morning

.... and I'm over the blooming moon now! It just couldn't have gone better, she was blooming marvellous. I had my doubts about Georgie, maybe being a bit over protective with her, but he wasn't he was also as good as gold, bless him, and I left him offlead as usual.

Nobody was about, except the lovely guide dog puppy lady with her latest pup, so that was perfect for our first meeting, another young pup! Zena wasn't too sure to start with, so I left her on the end of the longline, and went up to the puppy and got on the floor, called her and she gingerley came over and said hello. Then she wanted to play with him, but they were both on leads, and I wouldn't dare let her off yet We walked with them, and then met up with another friend with her little pekaneese, so Zena said hello to her, tail still going like the clappers. Then my friend's husband with a border collie who wasn't interested in Zena, but she went and said hello anways. Then the guy with the shelties (he shows and breeds them), all 6 of them but I thought that would be far too daunting for Zena to meet up with that lot in one go, so we headed off on our own, and she just came every time I called her, she came running up alongside me, even leaving Georgie to lag behind! Further up the track we met Robbie, the bitsa rescue who Georgie loves to play with, and he was very gentle with her, and Zena wanted to play with him too, but ignored the collie who was with him coz she must have sussed that he can be a bit "iffy", he has been nasty with Georgie in the past. I'd even put Georgie back in the car first, so she met Robbie on her OWN, but was as bold as brass with him, I just couldn't believe it considering this was her very first time out in the big wide world. We were only out for 20 minutes, but most of it was talking and saying hello, but now that we're home, she's zonked out in her bed fast asleep! I can't believe that, coz even when they've played outisde in the garden she's never been this tired, she still carries on when I get them in. Why is that then? Is it all the mental stimulation she's had this morning then? I'm blooming over the moon with this girl, she's everything I could have wished for and MORE!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Glad it went do well for you, bet Georgie was proud as anything taking his little sister out to meet his pals! I'm not surprised that Zena is zonked out, it's a busy life being a puppy you know!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Brilliant news Aitch. So pleased it went so well for you. It's definitely the mental stimuation that wears them out much more than the physical side of things. Just think of all the new smells and new friends to check out. That's why she's zonked out mate. Bless her little heart. Give her a kiss from me. xxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Brilliant, Aitch, I'm so pleased it went well
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Glad it went do well for you, bet Georgie was proud as anything taking his little sister out to meet his pals! I'm not surprised that Zena is zonked out, it's a busy life being a puppy you know!
Thanks majuka, do you know, I'm so very happy I could cry!!!! Georgie was sooooo good, and the friend of mine (I used to keep a horse with her) with the pekanese puppy asked me if Georgie was going to be over protective and attack her little dog As IF!!!! He was as always, the perfect gent!

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Brilliant news Aitch. So pleased it went so well for you. It's definitely the mental stimuation that wears them out much more than the physical side of things. Just think of all the new smells and new friends to check out. That's why she's zonked out mate. Bless her little heart. Give her a kiss from me. xxxxx
Thanks Jackie. If that's the case, I'll be giving her a few walks a day We start training next Tuesday night just to observe, and then we start proper on the 2nd March (not too far away), so maybe poor old Georgie will be getting a bit of peace when we start!!!! Thanks for her kiss!xxxxxxx

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Brilliant, Aitch, I'm so pleased it went well
Thanks Vicki, I know there'll be blips along the way, but for her very first time, it was lovely to meet up with such friendly doglets, my worst fear was her being afraid of any, or nervous, but she wasn't in the slightest, so I must have been doing something right for a change hey?!!!xxxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:32 AM
oh fabby! im so glad that went well!!!!

Dont be scared to let her off, better now than later! Dont let her off when there are other dogs around, just when its just you & G & she will stay with you!!! Let her off have a play, call her put herback on have a treat & a play, etc etc
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Are you sure???? Are you absolutely sure???? Sometimes she won't come back indoors from the garden if she doesn't want to I have to bribe her???!! Although have to say, she did come to me everytime I called her on the end of her longline.... Tomorrow when I go out for the 2nd time when no other dogs are about, I'll try it..... maybe!!!

NOw, the guide dog puppy lady told me that if I go up this narrow track up to Cissbury Hill, there is sheep fencing either side, so she can't actually GO anywhere but up the track we're walking on and she said that's where she uses to let them off for the first time, and she said I'd be surprised how she will stay with me, so I will do that, but tomorrow on our 2nd outing when I know nothing else will be around! Yes, I'll do that!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:48 AM
glad to hear it all went well.... but we want piccies next time missus !!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah right Dani, two dogs, one a puppy on a stretchy tangling poor Georgie and everyone else up (oh I hate those things!!!), and now you want me to hold a camera as well??? OK I'll take the camera next time!!!! xxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh H - sounds a dream. Glad it all went so well.
xx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »