View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Do you try to cut off their airways with your lead? is it made of thin Nylon, bit like a cheese cuter?
Im thinking not!!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
mishflynn: I actually have a busy life, believe it or not, I wouldn't have a clue how to look for links showing piccies of Cesar cuddling his dogs, nor would I even if I had them to hand!

I will quote the most memorable one of all :

Daddy laying in his arms looking adoringly up at Cesar, Cesar gazing back. Remember Daddy is an entire pitbull, so not exactly your average lap dog. If you are going to tell me you have never seen this, then you have never watched The Dog Whisperer ... as if I needed any further proof.
No i havent seen this, pleae show me so i can read the dogs body language for myself?
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Do you try to cut off their airways with your lead? is it made of thin Nylon, bit like a cheese cuter?
Im thinking not!!!!!
the one i use is about as thick as my little finger and i will lift the dogs front legs off the ground to put them in a sit if they play up(witch is not often now but when we got the bitch she was a bit bad with other dogs, wanted to eat them) if that means i am cruel and abusive them so be it
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2008, 01:48 PM
as long as you can justify it to yourself.

But no i wouldnt use that on my dogs as i think its cruel & unesscary
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-04-2008, 02:14 PM
99.9% of the time it is loose but know i can have complete control of 15-16 stone of dog if i need a bit extra
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
How (if you are still reading) did you teach your dog a Down?
Sorry, I know I said I was withdrawing, but I just wanted to answer this because you don't understand what it is CM is doing in that clip.

He is not teaching a 'down'. That is training a dog to do a command. If you new anything at all about CM you would know he does not train dogs. He teaches them how to be balanced dogs.

What he was doing to Jonbee was getting him to submit. To realize that he didn't have to be the 'pack leader', that the humans were doing that job for him. That is NOT teaching a 'down'.

I taught my dog to lie doen using a convenvtional method - using a treat to get him to lie down while using a voice command. It took him a while to learn, but he does it on command now. That is totally different to getting him to submit. The fact that you don't know the difference shows that you know nothing about CM and therefore are not in a position to judge his techniques until you do some more research into his philosophy.
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-04-2008, 03:04 PM
i find my trusted bit of 4x2 on the head while screaming DOWN in the dogs face works wonders
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
i find my trusted bit of 4x2 on the head while screaming DOWN in the dogs face works wonders
I wasn't going to take part in this thread until I read this. Joking or not, I take offence to this and if you are a dog lover?, I'm surprised you even thought it.
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Teddysmum View Post
I wasn't going to take part in this thread until I read this. Joking or not, I take offence to this and if you are a dog lover?, I'm surprised you even thought it.
sorry did not mean to offend anybody, just reliveing an earler joke.
would and have never used violence towards any animal, would report anyone who i see doing so
thought the forums was to be helped and help others and make friends
to make friends, it helps to have a laugh
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Apology accepted. Please remember this is a dog loving forum and that kind of joke is simply unacceptable.
Page 50 of 102 « First < 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 100 > Last »