Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 29 of 30 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 >
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Actually my cousin (who had triplets) at the age of 24, didn't want any more children, and they refused to give her a hystorectomy because of her age, so they advised being sterilised, as contraception isn't healthy long term, so no it doesnt just apply to those who are irresponsibel !!!
As I said Malady, she is responsible for herself as a human being, WE are responsible for our pets and make decisions for them. My decision for my pets is they keep their nuts and uterus's unless there is a medical reason apparent that requires attention, same applies to cropping, if I was looking for a Dobe pup and I was offered one that was cropped, Id not refuse, providing everything pedigree/health/temperament wise was in order too, in fact I will go as far as to say Id prefer a cropped Dobe.
Dawn.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I was steralised at 27 but had 3 kid's did'nt want no more and told the doctor I ain't moving outta of this bed til they gave me a appointment My son was born in Feb my appointment was for May.
I had a bitch suffer pyo 2 year's ago and she had, had one litter the year before and had a season and we left her, then she took the pyo and she was 4 and she had no symptom's till I noticed she was drinking plenty by that same day 2 hour's later she was at death's door, thankfully we knew the symptom's and got her to a vet how many bitches have to die because it's a new owner who wanted to get them spayed and was told not to as they are the one in a million that suffer pyo.
Or the one in a million that suffer breast cancer.
why take the risk?

But everyone has there own opinion's and we should respect that, however IF someone asked me and said Toni im not going to breed her then I will alway's say it's up to you but if she was mine i'd spay her.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry, but I like to see ear cropping in certain breeds, and yes, if that particular animal was my chosen breed, then I would buy one with cropped ears.

As for speying/neutering, three of my dogs have been 'done'. This was because I had no intention of breeding any of them for one reason or another, but my other male is intact and will be kept that way as I do intend on mating him providing all health checks are ok.

I'm also 'speyed' and have been from the age of 34. Does that make me a 'responsible person'? Coz if it does, I'm gonna kill myself now
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
I was steralised at 27 but had 3 kid's did'nt want no more and told the doctor I ain't moving outta of this bed til they gave me a appointment My son was born in Feb my appointment was for May.
I had a bitch suffer pyo 2 year's ago and she had, had one litter the year before and had a season and we left her, then she took the pyo and she was 4 and she had no symptom's till I noticed she was drinking plenty by that same day 2 hour's later she was at death's door, thankfully we knew the symptom's and got her to a vet how many bitches have to die because it's a new owner who wanted to get them spayed and was told not to as they are the one in a million that suffer pyo.
Or the one in a million that suffer breast cancer.
why take the risk?
So are you saing because you could recognise the symptoms its ok for you to keep entire bitches, but for people who perhaps havent seen a pyo, they should have them spayed? Im a bit confused now. I have a bitch that had a closed Pyo, no symptoms, very very lucky to have caught it, perhaps my vigilence saved her, BUT, I dont think I am any more likely to know there is something amiss with my dog that the next owner, id never say they should have theirs spayed in case they couldnt spot a problem, its a bit patronising isnt it?

People should be able to make their own minds up instead of being brainwashed with newly qualified know it all vets, barely old enough to ride a bicycle and with all the experience of diddly squat telling them they should do what they really may not want to.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I'm sorry, but I like to see ear cropping in certain breeds, and yes, if that particular animal was my chosen breed, then I would buy one with cropped ears.

As for speying/neutering, three of my dogs have been 'done'. This was because I had no intention of breeding any of them for one reason or another, but my other male is intact and will be kept that way as I do intend on mating him providing all health checks are ok.

I'm also 'speyed' and have been from the age of 34. Does that make me a 'responsible person'? Coz if it does, I'm gonna kill myself now
LOL, I know a nice cliff!..................................
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
LOL, I know a nice cliff!..................................
Cheers mate Didn't you know, you're going with me I'd hate to think I'd left you out
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
So are you saing because you could recognise the symptoms its ok for you to keep entire bitches, but for people who perhaps havent seen a pyo, they should have them spayed? Im a bit confused now. I have a bitch that had a closed Pyo, no symptoms, very very lucky to have caught it, perhaps my vigilence saved her, BUT, I dont think I am any more likely to know there is something amiss with my dog that the next owner, id never say they should have theirs spayed in case they couldnt spot a problem, its a bit patronising isnt it?

People should be able to make their own minds up instead of being brainwashed with newly qualified know it all vets, barely old enough to ride a bicycle and with all the experience of diddly squat telling them they should do what they really may not want to.
I'm not trying to patronise anyone what i'm saying is and see the bit Iwent back and edited is everyone is entitled to there own opinion and that's just the way it is.
Dog owner's who have had experience in owning dogs will spot thing's other 1st time owner's might not spot or think is relevant if they haven't had the dog for long enough to know them.
Also I was telling a tale about a bitch I owned not making assumption's.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
I'm not trying to patronise anyone what i'm saying is and see the bit Iwent back and edited is everyone is entitled to there own opinion and that's just the way it is.
Dog owner's who have had experience in owning dogs will spot thing's other 1st time owner's might not spot or think is relevant if they haven't had the dog for long enough to know them.
Also I was telling a tale about a bitch I owned not making assumption's so go jump down someone elses neck Dawn I aint in the humour.
Dont be snappy, whats up? I just asked you if thats what you were saying in your post.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Cheers mate Didn't you know, you're going with me I'd hate to think I'd left you out
I dont like heights, but I can take a pic!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Dont be snappy, whats up? I just asked you if thats what you were saying in your post.

Sorry Dawn, here a public apology
Page 29 of 30 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 >