Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 09:21 PM

Might be over reacting

I know this is a bit daft, and it is probably nothing.

I'm 37, and my last period finished last Thursday. So why this evening do I feel crampy, and appear to have started again, not heavily though, just what my friend would term a 'show'.

It's a bit odd, I had a smear just late on last year and it was all clear, but I am now concerned as there is a history on my Mum's side of the family. To add to the mix my mother and grandmother both went through menopause early.

Any ideas? Am I over-reacting, I know it's probably too early to be worrying however....
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 09:44 PM
If your mother had an early menopause this is quite likely to happen with you as well. Everyone`s menopause varies, so it could be prolonged or quick, stopping and starting, difficult or easy etc. But these days there is HRT and other treatments to help if it is a problem. On the other hand this could also be symptoms of other things so the best thing is to go and chat to your doctor about it.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Are you on the pill or any other kind of hormone related contraception?
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Hello Lore, I've got exactly the same thing. My period finished two weeks ago, it was a really heavy one, and I've got another one started today! Usually I go 5 or 6 weeks between them. I'm 53 so I suppose I must be going through the menopause as well.

I think we both need to make an appointment with our doctors like ClaireandDaisy has suggested. I'm sure it's nothing for us to worry about but worth getting it checked out. Good luck with yours.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 07:46 AM
For your own peace of mind, Lorraine, get the doc to check it out. You are young for menopause, but if early menopause runs in the family, it could well be it.
As Claire says, HRT is available and worked a treat for me.
Hope you get it sorted hon x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 08:16 AM
I'd say doc too.. if he thinks it might be early menopause they can do a blood test to check hormone levels.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 06:29 PM
OK panic over, got smack round head and reminded that I came off the pill 3 months ago...my periods are going to be up, down and shaking all around for a wee while

Thanks for the advice though guys.