Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 12:51 AM

Treats

this might sound so silly, but when do you start feeding your pups adult treats??

i have been sticking to the puppy treats for jake (now 9 months) but the selection is soooo small! and looking at the adult treats, i know physically he could eat them.

so are they ok?? is he now old enough to eat them?

i dont remember going through all this worrying with sam... but then again, i was only 9
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 09:39 AM
He is plenty old enough! mine have been eating 'adult' treats from Day 1.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 10:18 AM
my 2 had adult treats from being about 4 months old I think, maybe younger, there's not a lot of choice puppy treat wise so we gave it ago and they were fine
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2009, 10:39 AM
All my dogs have always gone straight onto adult treats, I do stay away from the multi coloured chews and bakers type treats and prefer to stick to natural treats like tripe sticks, pigs ears, dried lung etc. But on the odd occasion when they've been given adult jumbones etc then i've let them eat them.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
He is plenty old enough! mine have been eating 'adult' treats from Day 1.
oh i will get him then lol i feel silly now

Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
my 2 had adult treats from being about 4 months old I think, maybe younger, there's not a lot of choice puppy treat wise so we gave it ago and they were fine
yeah, i think the choice is so small so been wanting to get him adult ones for a while but just thought i should stick to puppy ones lol.

Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
All my dogs have always gone straight onto adult treats, I do stay away from the multi coloured chews and bakers type treats and prefer to stick to natural treats like tripe sticks, pigs ears, dried lung etc. But on the odd occasion when they've been given adult jumbones etc then i've let them eat them.
i like to get jake pigs ears and tripe sticks but he does love smackos so he gets them (although its been PAH ones coz they have puppy ones ) and want to try him on some others so he can get some as a wee treat when he is extra good