Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2009, 11:05 AM

Keo sickly

Since I have had Keo he has had no sickness or anything but for the last 4 days he is being sick once or twice a day and occasionally at night.

This morning he has not been able to keep anything down so am now getting rather concerned about him. Am I right in thinking that if you pull the skin up from the scruff of the neck and it goes back immediately then he is dehydrated? If so, think unfortunately it will be the vets this afternoon, after their two hour lunch break.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Personally, I would check him into the vets anyway. How pink are the gums?
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Actually they are quite pale. Is this significant?
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:42 PM
We think we have just found out what the problem is - he had found mushrooms in the garden under all the beauganvillia leaves that we did not know were there and some of them have obviously been chewed.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 02:20 PM
hope Keo gets better soon, I think if the skin stays pinched then that is a sign of being dehydrated if it goes back straight away that is good as not dehydrated
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks yes I got it all mixed up yesterday with the pinching of the skin, too much learning on my course work. Anyway he has only brought up a small amount of bile this morning and kept his breakfast down so it looks like that was the cause and it could take a few days for it to get out of his system properly. Panic over (I hope).