Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 09:17 AM

Oscar's Funeral Tomorrow

Tomorrow is Oscar's funeral. I am not looking forward to it one bit as son (Oscar's dad) is not speaking to me as I made a comment the other day about him inviting two of M's children who since we separated he is friends with (hated them when M and I were together). I know the day belongs to my beloved Grandson but I am hoping and praying they stay away at the last minute.

My ex-husband and family are going to be there and I am hoping my Mum keeps her mouth firmly shut. I have no problem with my ex but going to have to fess up that Dan has been talking to his dad. Mother isnt going to like it.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow

sue
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 09:22 AM
You'll be in mine, Sue.

I know it'll be ghastly, but retain your dignity at all times. I know you will, I just hope "others" do so, too.

As you say, the day belongs to Oscar....

Big hugs, hon xxx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Oh Sue, I'll be thinking of you. xxx

Funerals can be hard enough without family issues. As Vicki says just keep your dignity, no matter how hard you have to bite your tongue.

When I took Charlie to his father's funeral, organised by my ex-MIL it was hard as it was exactly what my ex didn't want. She read his eulogy, which bore no resemblance to the man I knew, or Charlie, and the bishop even got his name wrong, calling him the name of my fiance! My Mum sat next to me nudging me the whole time, but I kept schtum.

It's hard, but you'll get through it, and it will be another stage of grief you will have gotten through.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Will be thinking of you tomorrow, but as you so rightly said, the day belongs to Oscar - rise above everything else . *hugs*
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Hope it goes well Sue for you. Tomorrow will be hard hun for you, I know, but it's about your grandson and the love for him.
Your very much in my thoughts as you have been since you and M parted, I feel for you and wish I could take away your pain sweetheart.

Just remember that we may not be there in body with you, but we are all there in spirit for you, just reach out and I'll be next to you hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 12:32 PM
will be thinking of you Sue

its not the time for families to be at war like vicky says retain your dignity and get throught the day as best you can
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 01:08 PM
thanks everyone. think the thought of it is worse than the reality going to be. will get through it and i have not a lot planned for the rest of the week so will be able to have some down time to start thinking about 'stuff' and coming to terms with it.

sue
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 01:11 PM
hope it goes smoothly.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 01:46 PM
will be thinking of you hun **hugs**
elaineb