Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 12:24 PM

Fed up.

Is anyone else really fed up at the moment or is it just me?

I'm 23 and feel like I'm going nowhere. I work full time in a rubbish job which gets me down and pays just about enough to survive.

I'm sick fed up with everything increasing in cost. Fed up of people who scrounge of the state and live off of us who pay our taxes and actually contribute something to society.

It seems you get no help whatsoever unless you're a single mother, then you get a house, benefits and rent/council tax paid for you from the money we put in to society. I'm sick of it and it pisses me off, big time.

I also feel like I'm never going to meet a guy and be on my own forever. I feel really boring and just not nice. I'm also quite shy which doesn't help matters, though in certain situations I'm actually ok. I just have very little self confidence.

The weather doesn't help matters either.

The only happiness I seem to have in my life at the moment is the dogs.

Sorry, just had to get it all out as I feel really down.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Aww Niki sounds like you need a good night out!
I know what you mean bout some people I have some neighbors who keeps sending their 7 yr old round to ask for things! they borrow things and never bring them back and I wouldn't dream of asking them for anything... both on the dole.. 2 kids.. plasma screen tv, brand new sofa!! No I dea how they do that! My tv is over 6 years old and my sofa second hand and we both work with 3 children. sometimes you wonder whats the point!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Aww Niki sounds like you need a good night out!
I know what you mean bout some people I have some neighbors who keeps sending their 7 yr old round to ask for things! they borrow things and never bring them back and I wouldn't dream of asking them for anything... both on the dole.. 2 kids.. plasma screen tv, brand new sofa!! No I dea how they do that! My tv is over 6 years old and my sofa second hand and we both work with 3 children. sometimes you wonder whats the point!
Yes, Hayley, maybe I do. I don't go on a lot of nights out, but when I do I usually enjoy myself.

That's shocking, they just don't care.

See, that's what I mean! There are folk who live beside my grandparents who have the plasma telly, designer clothes and are are endlessly having furniture delivered, and there are thousands like them. The kids also have kids and none of them work. As you say, sometimes you do wonder what's the point! I think they are the ones who are better off!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah the designer clothes too and never out of the house without makeup on!! I'm doing well if I actually brush my hair before the school run LOL!!(what a scruff)
get planning a night out then that will cheer you up!
(and someone will come along......when you least expect and not even looking for it!.. thats what happened to me anyway )
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm fed up too, just fed up with feeling poorly all the time, fed up with toothache constantly too.

There is light at the end of my tunnel though, and I'm sure that things will improve for you, we all get in a rut sometimes and I think the horrible weather and dark nights can add to our depression.

BTW, I'm 46 next month and only found Clive 6 months ago...if I can find a man then anyone can

Big (((hugs)))
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 01:01 PM
A night out sound like a good idea.

A few years ago I realised that I wasn't happy in my job and it had a huge knock-on effect on everything. I decided to look for another job and 31/2 years down the line I know it was the right thing to do.
If you are really not happy at work then bite the bullet and go for something else. Sometimes just starting to take control of your life can make you feel more positive

Take care x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
A night out sound like a good idea.

A few years ago I realised that I wasn't happy in my job and it had a huge knock-on effect on everything. I decided to look for another job and 31/2 years down the line I know it was the right thing to do.
If you are really not happy at work then bite the bullet and go for something else. Sometimes just starting to take control of your life can make you feel more positive

Take care x
Totally agree, and that's exactly what I am doing right now.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 01:32 PM
youve just written down exactly how i feel too!!!

your not alone

x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear you're so fed up. *hugs*
Do agree that being in a job you hate can discolour your whole life - so I would look around.
As for being on your own forever, I think if you give up the idea of looking, which sometimes puts men off, that one may well find you. Especially if you are doing outdoor things that you love to do.
For instance, I felt like you do at 23, but threw myself into doing other things, car mechanics at evening class, badminton at the sports centre, dressmaking at college and charity work at the weekends. All of them because I liked them ( yes even car mechanics!)
And it was at one charity function 5 years later I met my husband to be. One year later we married and twenty years later we still are because we both still like the same things.
Nil desperandum and all that... and I am sure you will be fine *hugs*
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Not much to say as everyone has really said it all.............but big((((((((((((((((((( HUGS)))))))))))))))))) get out there girl
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >