Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 10:31 AM

Worried about Eddy, sickness and urinating

Eddy woke me up this morning shouting his head off

It was only 8:30 and it's never Eddy that wakes me up - if either of them do, it's Takara (although not common).

He went for a wee at 10pm last night before bed but was barking to go out again, I opened the door and he was in the corner of the kitchen crying, ran out past me and wanted to go out. I let him out and he ran around weeing on the lawn. Then I noticed he'd also weed in the kitchen which he never ever does.

I went to take them out and he had two pees before he got in the car and also some semi-runny poo, when we set off in the car he threw up so I brought him back and left him at home while I took Takara. He did seem to want to go out but when I took him back into the house he went straight to the water bowl and stayed there while I locked up and left.

When we got home an hour later, he ran out past me to go pee again and is now laid on his bed fast asleep but he's really not himself.

I'm not going to feed him at all today (although I don't think he'd eat anyway) and keep a track of how much he drinks and pees - if he's no better tomorrow I'll have to call the vets.

Please be thinking of him, he'll be 14 in January and I do worry about him. I'm not going to rush him straight to the vets just in case he's simply eaten something that disagreed with him (Takara's poos not solid either) as I'm really skint but if he doesn't feel any better tonight/tomorrow I'll take him.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Poor Ed - hugs honey - hope he's feeling better quickly, and you don't have to take him to the vet. Hopefully, as you say, it's just a temporary upset tum.

Hugs x0x0x0x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Thank you Vicki x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Poor boy, hope he settles soon.

Keep us posted x
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Hope Eddie is ok, bless him, give hima cuddle from me, and fingers crossed its just a passing thing hun xxxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Hope Eddy is better soon
x

Just thought the weeing/drinking could be an infection??
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Hope eh's feeling better...could he have a kidney infection???
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Hope Eddy is better soon
x

Just thought the weeing/drinking could be an infection??
I wondered that too...a urinary tract infection can be very painful...I was also very nauseous with my kidney problem.

Hope he is feeling better very soonxxx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks all,

I did wonder about an infection, but if he's no better today then I'll get a sample first thing tomorrow and take it to the vets (from past experience, I know it's better to get it first instead of allowing the vets to get you to make another appointment )

He's not had a drink since, and is mostly sleeping - I think he drank so much just because he'd been sick but the urinating worried me, he does have his off days when his tummy's not so good etc but they don't worry me because I'm used to it - it's the weeing that bothered me.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Hope he is ok.

When Hamish was old!(13) he wee'd alot and drank alot. Vet said it was old age. He did have diabeties test as well as others but all were clear.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >