Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2008, 01:23 PM

Second Rescue Dog

This is Koo Koo who was originally called Millie at the shelter and apparently was not good with children. We renamed her because it was just easier to call out come Candy, Koo Koo plus she really is cuckoo by nature.

For the first two weeks every day I was ready to take her back to the shelter, firstly for destroying things, then for piddling on the bed and all my throws on the settees and this was occurrence daily up to four times a day, even after I had spent 20 minutes with her in the garden or taken her for a 30 minute walk. Lucky we have hot weather and things dry quick.

Playing with her big sister
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Glad you decided she could stay - a bonny little dog!

Snorri
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Aww, another sweetie. Well done on sticking with it, I'm sure she has rewarded all your hard work and patience.

Love her name by the way.
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2008, 01:59 PM
What a little darling!! so glad she is staying with you, maybe just a strange place caused all problems
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww she is a cutie, so glad you kept her, what a poor little thing being in a shelter.....but now she has you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Lovely little munchkin
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:13 PM
does she still pee over everything? there is a spray called Get Off (just google it) i canot reccomend it enough, Tan used to pee everywhere when i first got him, and recently when he went through the 'stroppy teeenager' phase and this stuff stopped it virtualy overnight

ETA: it is expeced that her housetraining will be shot if she has spent any length of time in kennels!
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks people, since I do not know how long she was in the shelter or any of her formal circumstances, she has turned out a little dear. No she no longer pees over anything - apart from the occasional plant outside, which I can live with.

By the way forgot to mention, although the shelter said she is no good with children, she is the most adorable gentle dog with kids, all the neighbourhood kids come to say hello or rather Kali Mera to her and she specifically loves boys. Making me think she was raised with a boy but then they got fed up with her or possibly the kid was not exactly gentle with her.

Although they told me she was about a year old, I think she was a lot younger when I got her and now has grown up to a happy, loving, fairly obedient dog - still working on that one with the Aloe Vera which she has a great fondness for and ends up covered in green gunge when she has taken it into her head that her coat needs conditioning.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 08:01 PM
she is adoreable so cute ,im so pleased you kept her
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 08:05 PM
She's lovely, your patience has won through with her
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >