Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 08:14 PM

my sisters dog???

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to put this.
My sisters dog keeps weeing on his bed, day and night. he is a year and has had the snip.
My mum looks after them in the day they are taken for a walks and can run around in the garden all day.
I was wondering if there maybe a reason for it? or any one has any ideas?
Has he ot been toilet trained properly?
My mum keeps asking what it could be, so said I would put it on here to see what you all though to.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 08:26 PM
First trip to the vets to make sure there is nothing medicaly wrong. Next go back and start training as if he was a 8 week pup. What age was he castrated at and was he clean before he was done or has he always been dirty in the house?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I would remove his bed to start with, give him no bed at all and see if the weeing continues, if it does and again in one place I would suggest the dog has a behaviour issue. If its when he is lying in it and they are finding a wet bed, its worth remembering male dogs can suffer similar urinary incontinence after neutering like bitches can, we board male dogs that are on Propalin.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 06:52 AM
What is his bed made of? Dogs becmoe used to spending on a specific type of flooring...concrete/grass...Cosmo's was vetbed when he came to us.As Dawn said I would remove the bed, if it stops I would replace the bed with something that looks and feels entirly different. I hope it isn't incontinence for the poor mite.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Thank you all, I will let my Mum and Sister know what you have said.
He has been neutering about 6 months now.
Just hope they can sort him out.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 04:31 PM
He was neutered very young I think the vets should take a look at him as he may need medication. It could be that rather than 'going on his bed' the urine is just running away without his being about to control it. On the other hand he may have been castrated before he had clean habits well ingrained and if that is the case he will need to be retrained.