Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:05 AM

Strange Lumps

I noticed a couple of days ago that Montys legs and chest are covered in tiny little lumps a bit like a rash. They're not red or anything and he doesn't appear bothered by them so I thought I'd give him a day or so to see if they went but they haven't.

Anyone got any suggestions to what this could be? I'm assuming it's from running through the long grass across the fields but doubt that the fields are ever sprayed with anything as they're not used by the farmer for anything.

I think Rich is taking him to the vets today just to be on the safe side.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:07 AM
We had this a week or so ago... I wondered if the boys had been nettled?

They were running round our paddock, which does have nettles in it... neither of them made a sound, but the rash/bumps were a bit like a bad nettle sting

I didn't do the vets, as neither seemed to notice it at all, and they'd gone the next day!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Yeh it is like nettle stings which there are lots of across the fields so that could explain it.

Strange that they're going though.

The other possibility is that we have an ant problem at the moment and I wonder whether they're in his basket and biting him.

He's going to the vets today anyway for a weigh in and some flea treatment so no harm in taking a look whilst there I guess.

I'm sure it's probably nothing as I don't think he even realizes they are there!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Sounds like a nettle rash hun....running those fields. Mine get them sometimes, especially Skye who retrieves her ball from anywhere

I'd of thought if it were ants it would be more like a bite/scratching too, somehow the nettles don;t seem to have as much effect that way.

Hugs to Monty though xxx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Will keep an eye on it and take him later in the week if it's no better then I think. I'm such a worrier!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I understand about worry, but it does sound like Nettle rash to me too. My boxer Jake was always getting covered in them, wonder if it because of the short hair. these two run through all sorts and never a pimple

Elaine xxxx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:44 AM
The vets would probably make a fortune out of me if I didn't ask on here first! Not saying that if it was something serious I'd ask here before the vets! That would be silly!