Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tobyx
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-06-2008, 08:40 PM

Dog 'humping' his pillow

Since we got our rescue dog, a 3 year old cross JRT & Staffy, we gave him an old bed pillow to make his bed more comfortable, but he does 2 things with this pillow,

1, He'll pull the pillow out of his bed and drag it into the lounge, where he'll pick a corner of the pillow and suckle on it of ages, he never bites it.

2, He'll gather the pillow under his belly and will 'Hump' it and give it a good old pumping!!

He has been neutered, he is in good health and is really good with everything and everyone else, never barks unless someone knocks at door.

Should i just leave him to get on with it or is it a sign that somethings not right??
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 08:50 PM
'Ear' sucking is common, if there is another dog that will come in for the attention if no other dog a bed will have to do, nothing wrong, just being a dog.
Roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2008, 06:37 AM
You have described exactly what my dog does! He has been neutered. Sometimes he falls asleep holding his pillow.

Even when my bitch is in season and is flirting with him he ignores her and finds his pillow instead - she finds this quite insulting!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 10:54 AM
mine doesnt suckle but he does hump his pillow. spends a huge time sorting it out under his belly, gives it a hump, throws himself down on it, lies for 5 minutes and trhen gets up and does it again..

its a dog thing !!