View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nad1611
New Member!
Female 

16-05-2008, 04:37 PM

successful house training at what stage?

Hi
I suppose what I am looking for in this thread is a little support and encouragement. I am house training my 10 week old lab bitch. I have an arthritic condition so although I was not keen paper training it was really the easiest option and my lab has done incredibly well from day one. Fortunately apart from two accidents in the first two days my lab has however managed to do all her poop outdoors and at 10 weeks old is already sitting at the door and even jumping up to hit her lead. She manages to do about 80% of her wee on the papers too. We have also started using the words "wee" "wee" and poo poo when she goes as I have heard it's a good idea. I used the word for about a day and the next day said "wee wee" and she went so it looks pretty good.
I would like to know if people feel she is doing well or is this about right for her age?
Thanks for your comments.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 04:41 PM
hi hu you are doing great keep up the good work, it might good to start on recall as well so she gets used to coming back to when called, lots of treats are a good idea and lots of praise, keep it you doing really wekk hun . i have labs as well good luck
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I truly think most pups know quickly where they should go to empty but until their organs are mature enough it is sometimes not physically possible for them to be 100% clean. When they are mature enough to be able to hold on till they are outside depends not only on the breed but also on the individual.
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I think you're doing very well. My pup Teddy is 14 weeks now and was house trained by 12. I too say 'wee wee' and he knew it within a couple of days. I agree with the above too, it's hard for them to hold their bladder at such a young age. Teddy sleeps in my room with me and used to have me up at 5.30 for a wee until 10 weeks, then around 6.30 at 12 weeks and now I'm usually up around 7ish and have to give him a poke

You're doing just great, keep up the good work.
ticketyboo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I think you're doing well, as some dogs can take a lot longer than that to train....keep up the good work.