Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 04:29 PM

Lovely Day

I had a real nice afternoon today, the weather was fantastic so we decided to walk up to our local park Palacerigg Country Park it is practically on my doorstep, they have loads of animals and it is free entry to just wander around at your own pace looking at the animals some of which you can get very close to and others not so. The range of animals is amazing they have arctic foxes, scottish wild cats, pine martins, ferrets, owls and loads of different types of birds, wallabies, cows, goats, horses, donkeys the list is endless, the place is so well cared for and so neat & tidy it is lovely just to spend an afternoon there and they have a great tree top walk too whcih is fun, I just cant believe it is all completley free. Anyway just thought I would share some of my pictures, it was very difficult to get some because some animals were heavily fenced in so I was trying to get the lens between the squares in the fence hence the bad quality of the pics so I apolgise in advance lol.

This is my fabvourite animal, he is the sweetest thing you could ever meet loves people and loves attention, gorgeous .

Scottish Wild Cats these things are enormous when close but because of the fencing I couldnt get a decent picture. I wish I could have taken a picture face on the look in their eyes is something else, just for size comparison the dinner the cat is sniffing is actually a small hen that is how big they are!

Sharpening his Claws I was actually wondering today whether many of the "big cat" sightings could be down to this type of cat perhaps mating with domestic cats, they are big enough to give a fright if you met one on a dark night and the face has such a different look to domestic cats.

Again crap picture, this was the only Arctic Fox out and he was sleeping

Gorgeous Baby Cow

Wallabies

3 Huge owls, they were all in perfect position for a pic but again I had to take it thru one of the fence squares so not great.

The start of the tree top walk.

View from one of the stop of points on the tree walk.

The entrance to the park you have to follow the walkway over the pond.

Last but certainly not least this little goat, I called it lucifer I gave it some food and it showed me its gratification by ramming into my legs lol. There was a fence between us but it still hurt, he couldnt have been more than 14" tall either, look at those evil eyes lol

Well that is all I only wish I had better pictures to share, sorry if Ive bored you all lol (Eraze I didnt put this in pics as it's really general chit chat with a few pics thrown in lol)
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2005, 04:32 PM
looks brilliant Did you take Cassy and Kip with you?

We are looking for places to take the kids cause they are off school for the next 2 weeks
Annestaff
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Glad you've had a good day Laura and made the most of the scottish sunshine.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah it is lovely Carole, I would definitley recommend it, shouldnt take you more than a half hour drive. No unfortunatley dogs are not allowed, for good reason too.

Laura
Carole
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 04:37 PM
might take a trip there if the weather stays nice
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Laura it looks fab! I love wild cats so i would've enjoyed myself
Were u allowed to take the dogs?

Any 'personal type pictures' like these can go in the pix section Laura - it's nice to hold on to them and in the future when you're bored u might stumble across them whilst diggin in the crates

I'll move them there cos this section has a prune on it
Meg
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Hi Laura glad you had a lovely day, great here too, warm with blue sky
Like the yellow earings by the way they really suit you !!!!!!!!!!

oops sorry wrong specs on
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Ahh no probs Azz, yeah the cats I really liked too like I say the look in their eyes is something else, there are two fences and an electric one between you & them but when one started walking toward me I keeked myself lol. They were one of the highlights and the arctic fox which end up completley white. Yeah your right Anne, it looks fairly overcast in the pics but it was real warm.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh Mini how cruel are you calling me a cow lol. That not very nice, I am very hurt now

Azz dogs are not allowed, though I did hear a suspicious bark coming from somewhere *must have been the donkey* lol. I think because of the amount of animals incase the dogs upset them and also fouling could be an issue too it is really nice and clean and as we know not all dog owners are. To be honest even if they were allowed I doubt I would bring my two there as there is a time & a place for dogs and I dont really think there is it!!
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2005, 05:10 PM
We were out there last sunday Laura, we love it here is my pics

Aint this big beast so friendly loves a good scratch

This ones my fav only this is last years pic and i only saw the wee black fox last week

Aren't the owls just lovely..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >