Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 04:04 PM

Help needed for computor dumbo please

Ok,
We've brought Liz a computor from some friends of ours.Apparently we need a card or something to set up a wireless connection.Any help on setting this up for her would be great!

Remember though your talking to a computor dumbo lol
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Ok,
We've brought Liz a computor from some friends of ours.Apparently we need a card or something to set up a wireless connection.Any help on setting this up for her would be great!

Remember though your talking to a computor dumbo lol
Hi Sal,

Do you already have a wireless router in the house or is this your first computer at home? The computer you've bought for Liz may not be wireless enabled which means you will need to buy a wireless dongle to pick up the signal from the router. What make and model is the pc you've bought for Liz?

This link will give you and idea of what you're looking for:

http://www.sussexpcworld.com/belkin-...ongle-61-p.asp
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 04:40 PM
I have my desktop pc,we are collecting it later,it's quite an old one I think,it's just to get her started online.

I'll report back later and let you know whats what,I'm flamin useless with computors lol
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I have my desktop pc,we are collecting it later,it's quite an old one I think,it's just to get her started online.

I'll report back later and let you know whats what,I'm flamin useless with computors lol
No problem Sal, you'll probably need one of those USB dongles in the link I posted. Just plugs into a USB port and will pick up your current wireless router from there.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks Jackie