Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 06:23 PM

Done my 1st Aid course

well after getting very badly lost....thanks Sat Nav I got there 15 mins late

we first off discussed how to generally health check animals, normal signs and abnormal signs. In great detail too but simple enouhg for me to understand.

Then we discussed poisons, burns, stings etc how to romove safely and treat all different types.

We also practiced finding a pulse point...tried it on Zeita and got it first time .

we did Artificial respiration, CPR, mouth to nose etc on a dummy dog, who is lovingly known as Casper.

Lorraine who runs the course is excellent at putting the course across and we came away with a Certificate of Attendance.

Really please I went learnt lots of things which could prove vital.....and possible save a life.

More courses to come I think so I 100% recommend one

Mel x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Ditto the above.......
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 02:45 PM
sounds good I'm going to ask at training class tomorrow if they do anything like this as I'd really like to know what to do in a doggy emergency, you never know when you might need it
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 02:47 PM
exactly, I feel much more prepared should the need arise....hopefully it never will xx