Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 07:52 PM

Bump in lady bits?

As many of you know, Hoki was massively overweight when we rescued her. She is getting there, though still not perfect weight.

As with many bitches that have been overweight or who have had many litters, Hoki's 'boobs' hang down a wee bit - two droopy bits (left and right) which have been reducing as she looses weight.

Anyway, this morning we were having a lie in together & she turned over on her back and I was rubbing her stomach. I moved my hand down and when I got near where her 'droopy boobs' would be I felt a fairly solid lump - probably one/two inches wide and 4 or 5 inches long on the left side.

I don't remember ever feeling this before (though I probably don't pet her in this area of her body that often). Hoki is my first bitch, not exactly sure what should be 'down there', but I felt Stumpy and she has nothing similar.

I want to take Hoki to the vets to check it out (wondered whether it could be a hernia) but I just wanted some reassurances first that this isn't 'normal' and that I won't appear completely stupid if I turn up to the vets asking about it.

Thanks
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I would see the vet - it could be just a lipoma but best to be checked out - my Lab has several and a couple removed but all were just harmless lipomas but I keep a check on them
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Please get this checked out immediately. It could well be an insect bite - but it could also be a tumour. The sooner you can get it checked the better. Mammary cancers CAN be extremely fast-growing. My last GSD had one that doubled in size in the 3 days it took to get her to the vet (we were travelling across France at the time). She survived her cancer - mainly because we spotted it so early. I do hope your gilr`s lump is nothing to worry about.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree a visit to the vet is the best way to go.I hope it's nothing too serious,xxxxxxxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 09:46 PM
I have absolutely no idea, just wanted to say hope it goes well at the vets.
Apparently lipomas are common in dogs that have been overweight, they can also grow rapidly,Biff's have really grown fast lately. His are soft, not atatched to anything and so easily moved around a little, our vets knew immediately what they were, one took a few cells out of one with a syringe once and scraped them onto a slide to check.
Hope it's a nice simple lipoma, Biff has so many now he looks like a picnic bar!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 12:19 AM
I cannot help either but as aready stated I would visit the Vet sending big hugs for Hoki xx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2008, 01:04 AM
It could be a mammary tumour, get it checked out soon.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Good luck.

Fingers crossed and keep us posted.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 02:28 AM
I'd get it checked out just to be sure. I make a point of checking Missy's bits regularly. Hope it's nothing to worry about. X.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

18-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Oh I hope it is nothing too serious. I am sure the vet will be able to put your mind at rest. May be a bit of fatty tissue, or something but I don't know. Big hugs to Hoki from me and doggy kisses from Loki.

Please give an update and fingers crossed that all will be well.

Tke care.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >