View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 06:38 PM

there really are some stupid owners around here.

we was on our way back from the town, in front of us was a lady with a well behaved retriever, seen him b4 hes a darling. then along comes a moron with a big ole GSD this dog has lurched at the lady with her retriever she cant go any where as theres a fence in the way, the GSD is having a tussle with his dog. by then the GSD is up on his hind legs trying to get at the other dog. the idiot is almost pulled over. eventully the lady manages to get away from the situation. and idiot swaggers off with his girlfriend all pleased with himself. the GSD is still pulling like a freight train, and what did he have on the dog, a choke chain, which obviously isnt doing any good at all.
GRRRRRRRRRR another nice dog ruined by a moron i wouldnt of let that twit take a pet worm out, all he was looking for was to impress his lady friend
im so glad i didnt have ben with me,
rant over..
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Personally, I don't know why anyone bothers with choke chains nowadays! I used to use one with Kali (on the advice of someone whom I thought knew what he was talking about), but Kali would rather have strangled himself than follow the dictates of the chain (he's a bit daft that way!). Being an Orkney Border Collie, he is smaller than the BCs which may live in your area, but he has a neck like a bull and muscles on his muscles - so he can pull like the same freight train when he wants to, and no choke chain is going to stop him. The Halti did the trick, though, and nowadays, he will impersonate a good dog, and walk quietly to heel

Snorri
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 09:31 PM
i used a halti on ben when he was younger, also used a harness,found that alot better. but all i do now is make ben sit and then we start again. but hes normally pretty good with me. just pulls when im out with OH tries to be the leader of the pack.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 09:40 PM
The eejit will know all about it if his dog decides to pick on the wrong dog and it fights back.Usually these morons end up being bitten by their own dog when they try to split up fights between dogs,xxxxxxxxxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
The eejit will know all about it if his dog decides to pick on the wrong dog and it fights back.Usually these morons end up being bitten by their own dog when they try to split up fights between dogs,xxxxxxxxxx
but iits so unfair on the dogs isnt it, the GSD had a sweet face. lovelly long haired. poor dog having such a muppet as an owner.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Its sad isn't it, when you love dogs so much, to see a beauty in the hands of someone who doesn't train them?
Sometimes I wish there was compulsory basic training for all owners!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 08:09 AM
a few door down to me there is a JR he constantly barks all day, hes always in the garden, ive never seen him out, but the sadness is that to correct his barking they used a shock collar on him it made him worse, all the poor thing does is bark. and the young lad that owns him just shouts at him.poor dog.