Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 11:41 AM

I dispair sometimes!

Somestimes I really dispair of people around here.

One lady thinks it's funny her dog has eaten a salt pot (complete with salt), and that it hasn't come out the other end yet.
She also thinks it's a good idea to have a 'choke' chain on as tight as it will go, and to yank the dog when it pulls.

Another lady said she knows her rottie is a pedigree, because it has black gums.

I try to educate these people, and give them friendly advice, but all they do is sneer in my face, and of course, they know best!

ARGHHH!!!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I know what you mean - we were at the park yesterday and a lovely little puppy was there - she snapped her collar and got loose and of course she was so happy to be free running!

I don't think any recall training has been done - and when I said do you have any treats she was like no!

People just think dogs will come back don't they!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 11:58 AM
I've seen some of your customers and I know why you're dispairing!!!

Like the whole cat-flap saga the other month
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Dear me some people are strange
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I know what you mean, I have been asked advice by some on how to "calm down" their lab I have given advice and they just ignore even though they asked in the first place.

rachelsetters, I dont see a problem as the collar snapped she didnt let it off deliberately?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 12:09 PM
hun listen - its not just their pets they are like! i dealt with these peoples investments and penions for a time and they are just like that with their money!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I know what you mean, I have been asked advice by some on how to "calm down" their lab I have given advice and they just ignore even though they asked in the first place.

rachelsetters, I dont see a problem as the collar snapped she didnt let it off deliberately?
Sorry probably cut short my story - I have seen her before and she has let her off and has trouble getting her back - at 8m I know puppies can be aloof but this puppy would come back and you could see that she was usually just grabbed as she would shy away as obviously not been taught the recall. She was a very lively little thing and full of energy - a few treats would help her tremendously to realise coming back is fun not grab and back on lead!

To be honest I think she was an au pair too? A very young foreign girl who also looking after two children (although she could just look v. good for her age!)

I felt a bit sorry for her to be honest - this puppy was running rings around the park - at one point I was concerned for her going near the dual carriageway.

Sorry if you felt I was just criticising that the collar snapped - should have painted a bigger picture.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Sorry probably cut short my story - I have seen her before and she has let her off and has trouble getting her back - at 8m I know puppies can be aloof but this puppy would come back and you could see that she was usually just grabbed as she would shy away as obviously not been taught the recall. She was a very lively little thing and full of energy - a few treats would help her tremendously to realise coming back is fun not grab and back on lead!

To be honest I think she was an au pair too? A very young foreign girl who also looking after two children (although she could just look v. good for her age!)

I felt a bit sorry for her to be honest - this puppy was running rings around the park - at one point I was concerned for her going near the dual carriageway.

Sorry if you felt I was just criticising that the collar snapped - should have painted a bigger picture.
Fair point, I didnt feel you were criticising and truth be told I thought there may have been more to it when I posted.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Fair point, I didnt feel you were criticising and truth be told I thought there may have been more to it when I posted.
No worries - I do have the tendency to expect people to know what I am talking about LOL!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Great way to stop your dog pulling
(again, my fab cstomers....)

"hold the handle of the lead down near his face, and if he pulls, I just whack him. It works better than the choke chain I tried"

ARGHHHHHHH
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >