Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 02:20 PM

Does your job affect your relationship /Friendship

What i mean by this is does your job get in the way of your friendships or relationships
I have a friend who is working really hard to start up a new buisness venture (theatre ) ,She was with her ext b/f for about 6 months and he told her that he was fed up playing second best to her work
And she has been single now for a few months and mentioned to me the other week that she was sorry now she tried starting her new venture as its taking up so much of her time ,She finds it hard to meet new people and start relationships ,She had decided to join an on line dating agency ,But due to work commitments has been unable to meet up with this one person she really likes and gets on well with ,Everytime they arrange to meet something work ways comes up so she has to let them down This has happened four times now , Everytime she has called him in the past week or texted or emailed him he has not returned her calls etc,So she has come to the conclusion that he is not interested now ad is giving her the brush off ,But did say that he was a sales rep for a drugs company and can keep quite busy himself ,To which i said he is just like yourself at present very busy working
So peeps what your views xxdk
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 02:52 PM
yeah its affected mine...OH is very supportive etc as i make the effort to spend some evenings with him but with his shift work its difficult...itsw mainly the intimate sided which has dissappered! either he is up early or im shattered or worried about invoices etc....
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 03:41 PM
IM sorry to hear that Alex ,Hopefully things will et back on track for you both really soon, xxdk
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
IM sorry to hear that Alex ,Hopefully things will et back on track for you both really soon, xxdk
it better had do if he wants me pregnant...as good as i am i aint no virgin mary!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
it better had do if he wants me pregnant...as good as i am i aint no virgin mary!
xxdk
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Yep, deffinately!
I work 7 days a week, and I'm always shattered when I get home., but Kev and I always make time to do things together,
I've sort of abandoned my friends a bit, but they understand that i'm busy.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 11:25 AM
At least your oh and friends underestand that you are so busy which is great xxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Got the same problems with my other half and his business. It seems every single week-end there's something or other to do related to his business, either rebuilding the workshop in some way, or paperwork. He works a 12 hour day, I only ever see him in my jim jams morning and night, he's too tired to make me laugh like he used to, too tired to talk really coz he's so sick of people having dealt with morons all day who always want something for nothing these days, and week-ends, I don't like to disturb his nice bit of peace and quiet in his armchair if he gets any of that , so I tend to do other things. It's not good, but then if he didn't have the business we wouldn't have the lifestyle that goes with a successful business would we?

I honestly think he's now got to the stage where he's going to give it all up soon, and we're pondering on the idea of buying small first time purchase properties, keeping our own house, so he can "go off to work" there every day, do it up and sell it on, and hopefully if he can do 3 a year he will be able to bring home what he does now, but without the major, major stress he seems to be having at the moment to keep his head above water.

Funny old thing life, aint it!!!?? You spend most of it working your nuts off so you can live comfortable, then you're too old or ill to enjoy all those benefits. There must be another way I feel a bit guilty now that I don't work, but I have had two businesses in the past which have enabled HIM not to work, so it's swings and roundabouts in our relationship.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I hope if your new venture comes about H , Your oh has time to spoil you rotten and make you laugh like he used to and he gets to enjoy all his hard work ,With you and Georgie xxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks Jackie, but he usually says he'll probably be dead by the time he's able to enjoy it! I think I might take the reins when that lease is due to expire, and get him organised with this new venture
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >