Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 07:11 PM

I'm sorry I'm turning into a snob!!!!

The breeder of my pup Shanook once said to me you will become snobby and tell people She's not a husky she's an Alaskan Malamute!!! I thought to myself no way I'll just agree they are very much a like in many ways!!!!! Oh how wrong I was I just can't help myself
'Oh she's lovely is she a huskey?'
'No she's an alaskan malamute!!!'
Every time it just comes out, its awful my husband just shakes his head at me and smiles. I think Sibes are beautiful don't get me wrong beautiful, but I'm so proud of her I want people to know what she is and I also like to ponit out the diffrences in the breeds, while I'm at it.
Sorry people
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't think it's snobby, at all - it's not like you are saying oh no she is way superior to a husky

I sometimes correct and sometimes don't
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I don't think it's snobby, at all - it's not like you are saying oh no she is way superior to a husky

I sometimes correct and sometimes don't
No I would never say the breed is superior to A huskey, because like I said they are a beautiful breed of dog.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 07:21 PM
You are educating, not being snobby.
x
mforster85
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 07:38 PM
i do the same ive oly had one guy ask if it was a mal i was soooo shocked someone got it right lol
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by mforster85 View Post
i do the same ive oly had one guy ask if it was a mal i was soooo shocked someone got it right lol
I've had a few that knew she was a mal. My breeder also told me and I didn't belive it that you will get asked if it's a wolf or a wolf cross, And can you belive it I did get asked TWICE!!!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Its odd because before I came on this forum, I would have thought she was a husky too...purely because I really didnt know half as much as I do now after talking to everyone on here!! But your right to tell people her true breed...your only educating them, I would much rather be told the truth... xxx
mforster85
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by vickinicks View Post
I've had a few that knew she was a mal. My breeder also told me and I didn't belive it that you will get asked if it's a wolf or a wolf cross, And can you belive it I did get asked TWICE!!!
on kodas first walk an old wifey started hamering on her window screaming get that wolf away from my house it was soo funny!
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 08:13 PM
I met a guy in the park one day with a dog that I was pretty sure was a Mal but asked him anyway just to be sure as I hadn't met a Mal in the flesh before at that point.

So I said, 'Lovely dog, is it an Alaskan Malamute?' Before I had the question out he started to say 'No, he's an Alaskan....oh, hang on, yes he is! I'm so used to being asked if he's a Husky that I just answer without thinking now'. Even worse for him , there are two brothers walked in the same park from a litter of Sibe X Labs. One is yellow Lab coloured but Sibe shaped and the other is Lab shaped but Sibe coloured. He said he is regularly asked if his Mal is one of that litter
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by ShaynLola View Post
Even worse for him , there are two brothers walked in the same park from a litter of Sibe X Labs. One is yellow Lab coloured but Sibe shaped and the other is Lab shaped but Sibe coloured. He said he is regularly asked if his Mal is one of that litter
Bet his pleased with that
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >