View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 12:39 PM

Amy & Rock just got attacked! (updated #22)

My poor babies have just been set upon as we were going for a walk by 2 other dogs! They were both on their leads as we were heading over the fields when a stupid b***h opened her door & her 2 dogs (wont say the breed) flew out & went straight for my 2
Mine are not fighters even though Rock doesnt like other dogs he is all mouth & at 1 point i had my 2 in one hand & 1 of hers in the other which had clamped on to Rocks throat while the other was hellbent on getting my Amy. The stupid b***h just stood there until i got the thing of rock then grabbed it of me as i had it swinging by its collar. The other 1 im afraid i had to physically remove by way of my boots to get it away from my 2.
It only lasted a few minutes but felt alot longer & although she did come to see how mine were she was more worried about me reporting her to the dog warden/rspca so i have a feeling this wasnt the 1st time something like this had happened
Thankfully Rock is fine & Amy had a small nick to her ear but its stopped bleeding already. Its the mental side im worried about with Rock Ive only just got him to the stage he can walk on the opposite side of the road to a strange dog without a reaction & now this happens

sarah
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2007, 12:47 PM
awww this is awful,,i would report it, because if this has happend before, she is obviously taking no precautions, and sounds very irrisponsible, what happens when they do it again,,and the next time a pet might be seriously hurt and needs too be pts i personaly would not let this go,,,i hope they are not mentally scard as a result,,poor pooches

Hugs to you Loz xxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Tel me about it with the mental side of things, we came acros that GSD again, this time off lead, and my lot totally freaked. I think I'll find an alternative walk
Glad your two weren't seriously injured but as you say it's the emotional side that's going to be hard to resolve.
Becky
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2007, 12:55 PM
That's a shame - especially as you were making progress with Rock.

Why not say the breed ? With yours being rotties it would be interesting to know.

I know how annoying and upsetting it is though. My Skye was on the lead when he was attacked by an off lead Papillon. It was like a little machine. He was bitten on the and legs several times before he managed to pick it up in his mouth and shake it. I felt terrible because the Papillons ear came off. The lady accepted it was her fault and was OK about the whole affair but I was angry and Skye's never been great with little dogs since.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Hope they are both ok and it wont affect Rock to much.

I understand why you wont say the breed though, but saying that when mine have been attacked I have mentioned the breed.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

21-11-2007, 01:09 PM
What a stupid b*****, glad Amy and ROck are physically ok and I'll keep my fingers crossed for no lasting damage to either mentally as well.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't see why it's a problem not to mention the breed either.
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Report her!!! If you don't, some other poor dogs are going to get the same treatment as your poor babies!!!! She needs reporting to the Dog Warden at the very least, she needs a good slap too!!!! I hope you've recovered and the dogs are fine too and I really hope it hasn't caused any lasting damage to them either. Blooming people!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Report her - and don't hesitate.

*hugs*
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Sarah I know exactly how you feel as my Max was attacked not so long ago while he was on his lead.

I'm pleased that neither of your was hurt, and I hope that they won't be mentally scarred by this either.

Personally I would report it to both the Police and the Dog Warden but if it's anything like around my area, don't be to disappointed if they tell you there is nothing they can do about it as it was a dog on dog event.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >