Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rob12
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2007, 12:46 AM

Spy cameras

Saw a programme last night about the "spy" cameras in the UK. Have you just grown used to them? I know that there was a problem when there was just "one" introduced into my town in country Australia. Must admit though, it has reduced the crime in that area, but has moved it onto another place. Is it OK to have Big Brother watching?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-11-2007, 01:25 AM
I don't like the idea of them - but I also subscribe to the view that if you're doing nothing wrong then there's no need to worry about them.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Well here it has good points and bad. I'm sure it's reduced crime but only marginally, as now anyone that would have caused trouble before now just wear hoodies instead, so the camera doesn't really see them.

I don't really like it, but then again there are satelites that can see what we;re doing anyway !!
rob12
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2007, 01:34 AM
From what I saw, the bloke who was doing the report had been "captured" in at least 30-50 cameras! Had at least 300 images of him! He rode his bike about 10 kilometres!
Wow, we don't have that here! But I must admit that we have have 3 murders in a week, in Sydney - the capital of Australia.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Yep I know, I used to live in Perth

It's pretty bad here, but then we have 3 times your population so it's to be expected really :smt042
rob12
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2007, 02:11 AM
I guess that you have about 5 maybe 8 times our population in your town. We were totally shocked that some-one would be monitoring our movements Must admit that I live in a "rather country", "city". (We're just about declared a city if we have over 50,000 or so people) Probably about 70,000 people in my town. Oh well, just reckon that I'll just have to get used to it. Not going to go away. The local "copper"' is still the best person to go to.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-11-2007, 02:19 AM
I live in Perth Scotland - (the origimal one LOL) and it's a tiny town I think it's it about 40K population and there's cameras everywhere !

Actually - that's a lie. I live in wee village with a population of aprox 1000 people (with no cameras) but Perth is our nearest town.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2007, 02:41 AM
Not got a problem, If you have nowt to hide why should they bother you. I bet the people who grumble about them would be happy if they helped them if they were a victim of crime.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 02:47 AM
But I think that's the problem. Many victims of crime still see no justice when the culprits are caught on camera. Our legal system stinks, regardless of the cameras.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
But I think that's the problem. Many victims of crime still see no justice when the culprits are caught on camera. Our legal system stinks, regardless of the cameras.
I would agree with that, but like you said its the system and the inept judges rarther than the cameras. Like most things they can be used for improving things but the people incharge dont have a clue.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >