View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:44 PM

So, what sort of time are you having tonight with your pets?

I have got my daughters Weim, Jess, with me. Tammy has neighbours at both sides who let off fireworks all night and Jess gets very distressed. My own dogs couldn't care less and Jess seems to settle down well with them, she still follows me about like the proverbial s**t to blanket but is less stressed than when at home. I'll take her home in the morning - after she has had her breakfast of course. Heaven forfend she misses getting her brekkie with the others!

I always feel really sorry for those outside dogs whose owners don't have the common sense to bring them in on Bonfire night.

So, peeps, what sort of evenings are you having with your pets?
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm having a evening of the noisy variety
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
I'm having a evening of the noisy variety
That brings back memories - mine are all laid out fast asleep, except Jess who is laid down watching me, but laid down at least!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Not good

Kai is panting and shaking and has now gone under my chair..bless him!!

Jess barks every now and again but has just gone off to sleep so she is probable having happy thoughts at the mo!!
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Im trying to watch corrie but can hardly hear with the snoring from my cav!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Not so bad, I think with it being on a monday this year. Jake is still being scared and is doing this

I know I shouldnt encourage him but this is the most calm he has been for a few days.
Star and Skye are lay at the front door, they have figured out my sis has gone pets @ home and that means pigs ears.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Mine are all fine. Maddy must have inherited some good gundog genes, as nervy as she is with other things she has never given a stuff about fireworks, neither has Dusty.

Charlie just likes to be with you, he's been under the sofa most of the night, but then he was afraid of them before I got him so nothing I can do really except be sure not to make him any worse I guess by fussing, but he's not too bad at all.

My mums Lurcher is petrified of them but then I think it is more a learned habit than an actual fear as she used to be ok but my mum really fusses and lets her in the bed (she's not usually allowed) and pampers her every need, fanning her with peacock feathers and feeding her grapes (ok maybe not THAT bad, lol).
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:53 PM
A lot of barking here but I don't think Zak is afraid as when the door opens he just runs outside barking. It is his first bonfire night so hopefully he will calm down soon. Just riding it out at the mo as I dont want to fuss him as it might reinforce the behaviour I just keep saying shut up now and then. We have them going off both sides of us.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
That brings back memories - mine are all laid out fast asleep, except Jess who is laid down watching me, but laid down at least!
A weimy laid down??? *faints*

Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-11-2007, 08:12 PM
The radio is on full blast

I dropped something earlier and Rocky started to bark - so that's a good sign, he usually get's quite scared on bonfire night.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >