Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2007, 07:45 PM

Cesar pouches

From the last thread i did on here and when i asked whats the best food thanks for all the replays you really helped alot but we have tryed our dogs on Cesar "a little more refined"and they are doing very well on it their coats have more of a shine and they havent been maulting as much as they have been doing.Would you still say this brand is ok.The pouches are wet food and they still have dry bisuits in with it as well...
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I have not heard of this food so can offer no advice. I always try and read the ingredients labels as some times it can be an eye opener.

Always check out the meat quantity, higher tends to be the better food. I give mine a shops own make food but the meat content i think is about 23% plus vegetables on top which i think is quite good.

hopefully someone more knowledgable can give you some better advice.
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2007, 08:02 PM
thanks for replaying anyway
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I have heard a lot of negative comments on Pedigree Chum, however I fed my last two dogs with it virtually all their lives and they were fine. Willow is on it now and her coat couldn't be shinier. Its's just about finding the right food for your own dog but I agree with the comment that it is good to read the label, but its difficult to know exactly what to look for (and more importantly, what to avoid) any advice on this specifically gratefully received. Thx, J
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Wet food in general, whether from pouches or tins is usually around 80% water !!! It is meat derivatives and not meat content, which is why a lot of dogs don't do well on it. I personally wouldn't feed any wet food, apart from the frozen types ; natures choice, natures menu etc !

By the way is this Amanda or your alter ego ?
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Wet food in general, whether from pouches or tins is usually around 80% water !!! It is meat derivatives and not meat content, which is why a lot of dogs don't do well on it. I personally wouldn't feed any wet food, apart from the frozen types ; natures choice, natures menu etc !

By the way is this Amanda or your alter ego ?
hahahaha so funny its amanda
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by amandas-jacks View Post
hahahaha so funny its amanda
Mines love the old tripe raw,dont really like giving them tinned meat,wouldn't feed that to the foxes,xxxxxxxxx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Mine love raw tripe too, I have some thawing out and stinking my kitchen out as we speak :smt042
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Mine love raw tripe too, I have some thawing out and stinking my kitchen out as we speak :smt042
No kissy,kissy for mummy tonight then eh,boy does it make their breath reek eh?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
No kissy,kissy for mummy tonight then eh,boy does it make their breath reek eh?
Breath ? never mind the breath, my girly Seku, has farts that could make Mammoths keel over and die :smt042
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >