Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Moment of Truth - Takara's food aggression

Please keep your fingers crossed for us (not all day, that would be silly)...

Tonight we're starting back at ringcraft... Takara's doing really well with being near dogs when I have food and so I've decided now that her skin's cleared up and she's more confident that we will start ringcraft again.

My main aim tonight isn't to get her back on form for showing, but just to practice standing close to other dogs while I have food in my pocket!

I'm really hoping she does well tonight, I have gone against the 'advice' given to me by one of the trainers there (who told me to grab her by the scruff and shake her) so really need to prove that what I'm doing is working!

So wish me luck!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I'm really hoping she does well tonight, I have gone against the 'advice' given to me by one of the trainers there (who told me to grab her by the scruff and shake her) so really need to prove that what I'm doing is working!
Some advice

Good luck with tonight!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Goodluck and fingers crossed.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Thinking of you and Takara tonight Lottie, fingers crossed for you both ....
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here, GOOD LUCK :smt023

Let us know how it goes
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 09:09 AM
good luck tonight chick, tell t to behave herself or i'll send indy and felix round to eat all the food!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Good luck Lottie,

I am sure you will get there with time and patience, keep up the good work!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys!

It'll really put her to the test but we'll try not to stay too long so she doesn't have too much opportunity to get stressed.
It's a nice relaxed atmosphere but the dogs are all close together...
T always coped with it before, having been attending since she was a pup but then several things happened at once and it shook her up a bit and she's been funny ever since.

We'll see!! (I'll try and get some photies too as I'm taking a friend!)
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Thanks guys!

It'll really put her to the test but we'll try not to stay too long so she doesn't have too much opportunity to get stressed.
It's a nice relaxed atmosphere but the dogs are all close together...
T always coped with it before, having been attending since she was a pup but then several things happened at once and it shook her up a bit and she's been funny ever since.

We'll see!! (I'll try and get some photies too as I'm taking a friend!)
Photos would be great, Lottie
You are wise not to push it and stay for too long, if she does good for a bit then that might be the time to leave on a positive note ...

Wys
x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:19 AM
She was a STAR!!

The trainer was really impressed, said I'd done a fantastic job with her...

The best I'd hoped for was for her to control herself even though she was a bit stressed... I hoped that she'd perform the incompatible behaviours I'd taught her and that she'd have learnt not to take matters on herself...

Oh no... she was dead comfortable! She stood in the queue, dogs on either side of her, wagging her tail and watching me. She knew I had food but still insisted on trying to play with the dog next to her.

When we went and sat down, she laid across the floor watching everyone very calmly and laid back and she even tried playing with a big husky boy! (She's worried by dogs bigger than her).

I can't believe how chilled she was... we did end up staying pretty much to the end (although we didn't get there right at the beginning) because she was so happy laying in the way of everyone!

Once she's built up enough confidence to do a show, I'll definitely be getting her entered - the trainer/judge was impressed at how she acted, but incredibly impressed with how healthy and chilled out she looked

I love my girl!

(Didn't get any photos as we tried to sit at the back so she wasn't in the middle of all the dogs so friend couldn't get a piccy!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >