Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 01:25 PM

Mad English setter anyone?!!

Does anyone want a year old orange belton English setter called Jamie? He is very good at destroying things and whining and barking if you leave him alone for 5mins!!
Only joking of course, but oh the past few days have been a real patience tester for me.. I have been off work, after my accident in the woods and of course I am hobbling about and Jamie is using this to full advantage, digging, chewing stones, ripping up paperwork etc.. Oh what fun eh? And the best bit is, he knows I can't chase him and he makes sure he is out of reach of me, so I go hobbling round the garden... oh and he has gone deaf as well, because when I call him in.. he looks the other way!!
Roll on my foot healing I say!!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes Me - Please !!!!!!

On My Way To Pick Him Up Now
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 01:39 PM
That all sounds very familiar to me!!!!

oh he can come and stay, please let him come and stay with us - please!!
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi, I am an (almost) 10 yr old ES called Thalice and I think that Jamie must be one of my trainees ! He hasnt quite got it right yet though. He needs to walk on the work surfaces, raid the bin, open the microwave, fridge and cupboards. He needs to pinch and eat loaves of bread and learn how to decoy you into leaving your shopping so that he can pinch the cakes. He also needs to know how to rip the fence apart with his bare teeth and escape to the golf club and walk round all their worksurfaces too. He needs to run away so that he is over the horizon to give you heart failure and he needs to learn to ignore you completely and do exactly as he pleases.
He also needs training in swimming in all the right places - like the slurry on the beach or in the SSSI were noone (except English Setters) are allowed. Then he needs to start training others to do the same.
THalice-Malice
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I would Happily throw in a 6 year Old male Leonberger
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Hmmm, sounds like a well-behaved Border Collie......

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Bless - you don't mean it really......
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by petticoat74 View Post
Does anyone want a year old orange belton English setter called Jamie? He is very good at destroying things and whining and barking if you leave him alone for 5mins!!
Only joking of course, but oh the past few days have been a real patience tester for me.. I have been off work, after my accident in the woods and of course I am hobbling about and Jamie is using this to full advantage, digging, chewing stones, ripping up paperwork etc.. Oh what fun eh? And the best bit is, he knows I can't chase him and he makes sure he is out of reach of me, so I go hobbling round the garden... oh and he has gone deaf as well, because when I call him in.. he looks the other way!!
Roll on my foot healing I say!!

YES PLEASE
I love Jamie he is one of my favourite dogsey dogs, as I told you several times.
I thinkhe should stay with me, until you are better

Seriously, get better soon, I always find that the kids and dogs seem extra norty when I don't feel well
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 04:46 PM
No thanks, I've got one myself lololol!

Helen
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
That all sounds very familiar to me!!!!

oh he can come and stay, please let him come and stay with us - please!!
Aw if you insist!!
Originally Posted by Thalice View Post
Hi, I am an (almost) 10 yr old ES called Thalice and I think that Jamie must be one of my trainees ! He hasnt quite got it right yet though. He needs to walk on the work surfaces, raid the bin, open the microwave, fridge and cupboards. He needs to pinch and eat loaves of bread and learn how to decoy you into leaving your shopping so that he can pinch the cakes. He also needs to know how to rip the fence apart with his bare teeth and escape to the golf club and walk round all their worksurfaces too. He needs to run away so that he is over the horizon to give you heart failure and he needs to learn to ignore you completely and do exactly as he pleases.
He also needs training in swimming in all the right places - like the slurry on the beach or in the SSSI were noone (except English Setters) are allowed. Then he needs to start training others to do the same.
THalice-Malice
Oh believe me Jamie probably could do all that and more!!
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
I would Happily throw in a 6 year Old male Leonberger
Wanna swop for a week?
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Hmmm, sounds like a well-behaved Border Collie......

Snorri
Dont fancy a ES to accompany them on their norty missions then?
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Bless - you don't mean it really......
Ooh not sure at the moment...
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
YES PLEASE
I love Jamie he is one of my favourite dogsey dogs, as I told you several times.
I thinkhe should stay with me, until you are better

Seriously, get better soon, I always find that the kids and dogs seem extra norty when I don't feel well
I lend him to ya for a week.. teach ur gorgeous puppy all kinds of norty behaviour!!
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
No thanks, I've got one myself lololol!

Helen
There talks the voice of experience!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >