Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 04:00 PM

Education through advertisment

right here is my idea:

i was watching tv the other day and saw that pedigree chum advert. with knowing what i now know, i can say: it all lies. they certainly dont care about dogs, not if they are keepng them as guinea pigs in cages and testing their products on them. all they 'care' about is MONEY.
There is so much that we are brainwashed into thinking these days through media. and because its written in the papers, or on the tv we think its true and dont question things. i dont read the newspapers or magazines anymore, i dont trust them.
Anyway back to my point, the bull breeds for example, have only gotten their bad name, as it makes good reading and sells papers etc. My idea or question, is can the general public pay for an advertisement on tv, so the whole world can see the OTHER side. we could have childern frolicing in a field full of staffys all licking them to death. it could say ' the truth, a family friend '. One that i would want is the opposite of pedigree chum; what dog teeth look like when feed only on pedigree sludge, dogs old before their time.

Is it possible for us to have voice?

p.s. i have a knack for 'offending' people, i hope this post doesnt offend anyone but Pedigree!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

02-03-2005, 04:21 PM
thats a good idea jess, if everyone who loved dogs chipped in to pay for it, the subliminal tv message could pay off?
Billboard ads are a good way to go, you might not think you spot them when your driving along or siting at the lights, but your brain is processing and filtering these subliminal messages all the time, billboard ads Do work, thats why they remain so popular!
(might be a cheaper option than TV advertising too?)
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 04:53 PM
What I would like, not only for the dogs sake but also for anyone who has a breed thats either misunderstood or not "famous" enough, is for the owners to "get out there".

I know DK is diff from UK but I wonder why I rarely meet people with "these" breeds in clubs (and yes they are allowed there), in the parks playing with the rest of us, working in programs like I know you do with some of yours, etc.

I would love to see and meet some irl and get to know both owners and dogs. Most of my knowledge is from reading here and what I see in papers

If you have the same prob as we do in DK, with the generel public not knowing what to think and how to feel, could this be an idea?

And I have edited this several times before posting. Hoping I don´t affend anyone and that my point of wiew have been made in a friendly but also clear way. If not: please let me know
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 10:23 AM
i take it by 'those breeds' you mean the bull breeds. absolutly. instead of hiding them, and ignoring the ignorant, we should all try to make people see that they can be the most wonderful dogs, as playful as a jack russell, and as gentle as a golden.

CBT. its gonna take millions to do an advert, its just not fair for us to be brainwashed daily by these people who have loads of money, and want more more more. its time we had rights to say the truth. you always have to go looking for the truth, and the lies are right there floating on the top, looking innocent.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 02:21 PM
By "those breeds" I mean
who has a breed thats either misunderstood or not "famous" enough
I can only tell how it is where I live, and here it used to be (5-10 years back) the GSD´s and Rotties that was labed the "bad breeds".

In time as more and more people got these dogs and more showed good results with them, they became "for everyone" and not just either the police or the guys who needs something to take your wiew of their small xxxxx.

I bet the same will happen aventually with f.exs. Staffy´s here, but I suppose the Pit bull wont ever get the chance as it has been banned.

So I think the best way to show your dog and tell its story is to get out there. A commercial wont do the same I think.
The pics you show and the story´s you tell on how your staffy´s are nanny dogs and how they cuttle with your children is new to me, and if it hasnt been for this forum I dont think I would have seen or heard those stories and pics.

But how many log in to DW? How many who think dogs are dangerous and indeed some breeds will look on the internet and do the research?

But then again, how many will look and ask and maybe even touch a dog walking by them? Especially if the owner is a kid or an adult who will tell and share the stories about their dog