Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 05:53 PM

I'm all Excited

My friend Jill was at an open show in Newark today and said she would pop in on her way home, I asked her if she would pick up some schedules for me.

I know it probably sounds daft but, with the exception of showing Giddy at Crufts this year and Brad at the English Setter Association champ show I haven't shown my dogs for over a year and am so excited about getting back into the ring with my little poppets.

I had to stop showing due to finances so, now I'm working, I've decided I can treat myself to maybe one or two open shows a month. I might even enter one of the champ shows instead.

Now my dilemma is do I campaign Brad in the knowledge that he is neutered and take a risk that the judge will see past this, or do I take Tawny out who is looking really good at the moment, (and only takes 5 minutes to prepare for a show )?

I do enjoy showing Tawny as she is a natural, but my heart really does belong to the English Setters and I'll be hovering around their ring I know

Would it be really extravagant to enter them both?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I would do both esecially if you have friends who you could go with.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Sheree Break out and do both would be my answer... you know you wan't to really!!!!!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Id do both as well. Are you doing Leicester Gundog by any chance?
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Both both both!!!

I have my first show in what seems like an age tomorrow with Angus and Maxy - still up to my eyes in hair now! Really should be getting on with it too!

Now you tell me what shows you are doing (champ wise) as we have to have a cuppa together
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Id do both as well. Are you doing Leicester Gundog by any chance?
I was looking at the schedule online tonight and was only thinking I may well enter that one, Newark is my nearest showground. If you are going you must let me know and we can meet up
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Both both both!!!

I have my first show in what seems like an age tomorrow with Angus and Maxy - still up to my eyes in hair now! Really should be getting on with it too!

Now you tell me what shows you are doing (champ wise) as we have to have a cuppa together
Thanks Rach

I was looking at Setter & Pointer but would probably only take Tawny as the English judge might have mud in their eyes I did look at Midland Counties but its on a Friday and I can't really afford to take the day off work I'm going to have a look at LKA too, don't know who's judging there, is that one that doesn't have Gordon classes though?

Now get on with the haircuts or you'll be sorry tomorrow best of luck xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I would do both esecially if you have friends who you could go with.
Thanks Kel, I know a lot of people so I'm sure someone would hold onto whichever one I'm not showing for me.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Sheree Break out and do both would be my answer... you know you wan't to really!!!!!!
Ha ha, you know me so well Eunice At least if I take two they're company for each other in the car (that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it )
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I was looking at the schedule online tonight and was only thinking I may well enter that one, Newark is my nearest showground. If you are going you must let me know and we can meet up
were hoping to take the caravan do and do that and North Lincs in a weekend both at Newark
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >