Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Who would have thought???

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-19578059/

I hope she makes a full recovery.

And this is shocking but look at the difference in the way it has been reported.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23407172-details/Toddler's+face+torn+apart+by+dangerous+dog/article.do

I hope she makes a full speedy recovery too
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-08-2007, 01:20 PM
same link both times ?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Two different stories.
Becky
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
same link both times ?
Sorted now.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Poor little girl, that looks so nasty I hope she makes 100% recovery.

This highlights exactly what a stupid act the DDA is. Because the attack wasn't in a public place and the breed isn't listed on the Dangerous Dog List, nothing can be done! How idiotic is that! So it's okay to euthanize a dog on the list for such an attack but ignore a breed that has done this because it isn't 'officially' deemed dangerous.

It is always difficult to know the true circumstances surrounding such attacks, but if it was unprovoked the dog should be PTS.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 01:37 PM
quote "You can't tar the whole breed by individual incidents. Dogs are like people they have their own personalities, it is discrimination to single out a breed"

now why can't all people think like this! I hope the wee tot has a speedy recovery. Poor Staffy though
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Why on Earth has a link been made to Ellie Lawrenson? She was killed by a PIT BULL - a pit bull isn't a blinkin' staffy is it?!

I have to admit - I'm always a bit... sceptical - obviously I feel for the kiddies and I truly hope that they make a full recovery. However, my uncle visited the other day and kept letting his toddler granddaughter go upto Eddy even though Eddy was on his bed, tired and kept growling at her.
I had to remove her from the situation but she doesn't know me so it would've been much easier for him to stop her. I don't want to pass judgement but in some cases I think parents are only so wound up about it because deep down they know they should've been supervising properly.

As for putting to sleep a dog that has bitten, I'm sceptical about that too... in most cases it's a one off - like the staffy, the owner was clearly shocked it had happened. There may have been a medical reason for the dog to attack, Takara's snapped at dogs recently and when we went to the vet it turns out she had an ear infection.

It's a shame that people can't be trusted to follow a judgement to take reasonable precautions such as leashed, muzzled and neutered with dogs known to be short tempered It would save a lot of dogs lives - dogs who may have a fantastic bond and happy life with their owners but aren't good with other people.

Edit: and yes, the difference in style between the articles is ridiculous.