Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2007, 04:22 PM

Wow, that shocked me

In the last few weeks the owners of the vets we go to has changed hands, they have stopped direct claims to the insurance(dont know if its a permanent thing yet) so today was the first time we paid for Stars treatment. He needed a new inhaler(almost the same as my mum uses) so off we went to collect it. When we got there my jaw dropped when told the price £55.75, apparently they are all expensive for dogs with some topping the £100 mark.

So we left the vets with a large hole in my wallet and Star without pigs ears.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately a lot of vets won't do direct insurance claims anymore, as they seem to get very funny when paying direct to veterinary clinics. We used to claim direct from the companies, but they got so bad with paying out that we had to stop them altogether. There are a few clients that we will do them for (long standing clients who struggle with money) but we stopped doing them about a year ago now.

The insurance adverts do annoy me though, they always say "we pay the vets direct!" luring people into a false sense of security.