Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 05:57 PM

Dog's Starved To Death

Did anybody else see that terrible story in todays sun newspaper ? my god i was horriefied apparently these people had 3 dogs ,just says terrier type,to be honset i thought it looked like a staffie ,poor thing ,anyway it says that ,the dog whos picture is printed was forced to eat the other two or die ,the picture show the body of an emmaciated dog ,it makes my stomach churn to imagine the suffering this poor dog and the other 2 endured ,what kind of monsters could do this ,and where are the nieghbours someone must have known /heard something ,i carnt find it online but if anybodys interested in the picture i can add it later for you ,but be warned its nasty ,those poor dogs
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't understand, surely people would notice?
Becky
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I hear stories like this every day recently, and it's makes my blood boil and makes me feel sick and sad. There are clearly too many dogs in this Country and too many to go round for people like this to have 3 without anyone noticing.
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Makes you wonder if we are a nation of animal lovers and its not just dogs

A STARVING dog that was forced to eat her dead companions, and a horse with hooves a metre long, are among the rising number of cruelty cases investigated by the British arm of the RSPCA.

The RSPCA said its figures for 2006 showed there had been a "shocking catalogue of crimes against animals" but said new animal rights laws were helping to cut the overall number of animals that suffered.

Among the worse cases investigated by the RSCPA was that of a dog found abandoned in a house in Peckham, south London.

Inspectors believed the black and tan terrier crossbreed they found had survived only by eating her two dead companions.

In another case, inspectors found a three-year-old dog starved to death in a house in east London, while 1000 hens were rescued from a maggot-filled pit in a farm in Essex after escaping from battery cages.

Some of the hens could barely walk because they had hardened lumps of excrement the size of tennis balls encrusted around their feet, the RSPCA said.

"Neglect has always been the most common form of cruelty," said Jackie Ballard, the RSPCA director-general.

"But these cases defy belief. It's just so shocking to discover pet food in homes where animals literally starved to death waiting for their owners to open a packet or a tin."

British pet owners became legally liable for the welfare of their animals for the first time under stringent new anti-cruelty laws that came into force this year.

The annual statistics showed there had been an 10.5 per cent increase in the number of cruelty investigations, a 7.6 per cent rise in the number of animals rescued or collected, and a 9 per cent rise in court orders banning offenders keeping pets.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Can;t understand it, no-one is forced to have a pet, so why get one then don't do someting a simple as feed it! make me so mad!! i remember a story quite some time ago about a man and his daughter who let their dog stave to death ( a german shepherd i belieive), it was reported it was tied up next to the back door on a chain and the had to actually step over the poor thing to get in and out of the house, thats not neglect it's outright cruelty!!! I hope they rot and die the same painful death one day,and all like them too.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't think there is any hope for humankind in the long term. In the short term all one can do is try to bring such cases of cruelty to the attention of those who can bring the force of law into effect.

Today I heard on Sky news that Boston Football club (In Lincolnshire not the American one) have just signed a footballer who has been convicted of going into a field and killing a horse by stabbing it to death. Why? Because it allegedly belonged to someone who he thought had 'grassed' on him. What kind of message does that send to kids attending football matches in Boston? Why did the club have to employ this particular footballer?? Talk about turning a blind eye
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 04:01 PM
On things like the Footballer, my thoughts are very divided ;

On the one hand, I totally agree, and think he shoulnd't now have that opportunity for being so pathetically cruel, then trying to justify it. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behaviour, no matter who the horse belonged to, and I believe the Club has bad judgement.

On the other hand, should anything unrelated to work affect someone's Job ? There are many people who have had terrible convictions and deserve everything they get, but why should that allow them to freeload without working to pay for their crimes ?

Just my thoughts
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
On the other hand, should anything unrelated to work affect someone's Job ? There are many people who have had terrible convictions and deserve everything they get, but why should that allow them to freeload without working to pay for their crimes ?

Just my thoughts
Understand completely the point you are making, there's more than enough people 'freeloading' anyway. Just think that certain occupations should be barred e.g. anything in the media, sport, education, etc.

I'd be happy to see him working in a sewerage plant, or sweeping roads and please don't think I'm denigrating those people who do work in those industries.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I don't think there is any hope for humankind in the long term.
Not unless they start castrating those who are capable of committing murderous acts such as this (even if you're not an animal lover you can't deny something like this is sick) to prevent them producing offspring.

Perhaps we should start a selective breeding programme in the human race.

That is so sick I'm just lost for words. Whoever did it doesn't deserve a sentence as easy as death. They deserve something much more painful, much more prolonged, something that they have to live with for the rest of their natural life...(and no, not get paid for along the way, just left to rot)
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Understand completely the point you are making, there's more than enough people 'freeloading' anyway. Just think that certain occupations should be barred e.g. anything in the media, sport, education, etc.

I'd be happy to see him working in a sewerage plant, or sweeping roads and please don't think I'm denigrating those people who do work in those industries.
Totally agree, good point. I don't think any high profile careers should be allowed, and I also believe that serious criminals should not be allowed to profit from crime either, i.e. writing books about their crimes afterwards, or gain any kinds of royalties from films etc made about them. This is totally wrong.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >