Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 11:43 AM

People like my dogs again!

During the whole DDA back lash and dog amnesty not so long ago, there was a noticable change in attitudes when I took my old guys out. People would move out of the way and draw me filthy looks (honestly!) It was crazy and was incredibly different to how things used to be.

Anyway, I'm pleased to report, that it has now returned to normal. I had noticed an improvement, but today it was confirmed when everyone that we met or walked past smiled at me and at them and said 'hello'.
It's taken a while but normality appears to be returning. Long may it last! The anti dog backlash seems to be calming....for now...
Anyone else noticed anything?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Good to hear - it is sad when you see people reacting differently because of other events that have happened.

I'm starting to get that now Marius is older, he is still only a baby at 6mths but I've had the odd person looking fearful
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 11:57 AM
It's a shame isn't it? Especially as your boy is such a stunner.
I found it hard to understand why people were so anti an arthritic furball I have to say!
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Glad to hear things are getting back to normal Ramble

I'm pleased to say we didn't experince much of a change, just a little, so its not been too bad. And actually, to my surprise, i had some folk come up to us and say it's shame about all the bad press dogs are getting. Long may it last
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Awww thats nice that they said that.
Things are definitely better here, amonst the non dog people, well other than the granny from hell who is launching a one woman vendetta about dogs at the school gate (who are under control and not on school property...) grrrrrrrrrrr.