Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Going private again

Guess what I'm going to moan about everyone?! ..... PHYSIO! Just to make a nice change

Well actually I give up moaning I will just tell you what happened this morning. I went in, physiotherapist came out 10 minutes late again. She got me to show her the exercises I had been doing at home, asked me how the pain was then sat me on the exercise bike - and that was it

She was supposed to refer me to hydrotherapy last Monday. I asked her today if the referral had gone through and she replied "Oh no I need to do that today" (surprise surprise). I asked her when I would need to come back for a review with the physiotherapist and she said that I didn't so I said to her that surely after the hydrotherapy I would need to see the physio again to decide what to do next. She said that I can if I want to
The hydrotherapy sessions are also only 20 minutes and there are normally 4 - 6 people in a class so I'm not going to get nearly enough help, thats a maximum of 5 minutes per patient!

I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks time and when I come back I am going back to my private hydrotherapist and physiotherapist - they seem to know what they are doing at any rate
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 07:01 PM
It's a real shame but you have to do what you have to You need to get fit and well any way you can.
The doctor that saw me in A&E was lovely. Irish lass did her training in Dundee then came down here to work in Middlesbrough. South Tees NHS Trust has messed her contract around so much, she's going back to Ireland in 2 weeks. What a loss she will be and only because they can't get their act together