Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:42 PM

About as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Hi all,
Well as most of you know we are having problems with our neighbour.
Our housing officer is now out of the office till monday,I swear she has more hols than the queen
we are still experiencing problems with noise and music,again i have been in touch with environmental health,they don't provide an out of hours service,nor do our housing,the police don't have any enforcement powers either,so it seems nobody really cares.

So as I put it you as the housing are responsible as you put her into the property and very little is been done,I feel,with us having to just "put up with this disgraceful behaviour".

She is refusing to answer any calls or acknowlege any letters from the housing.So after losing my temper and shouting at my housing officer's superviser,they have agreed to do a spot check visit and warn her yet again.She at one point accussed me of wanting her evicted,all we want is peace and quiet and to be able to enjoy our house,without the kids having upset bedtimes and dogs going ballastic barking.

Now the biggest problem is proving we have noise nusience issue's as nobody works out of hours to witness it.

I can see me running out of patience very soon,both with our neighbour and half soaped housing.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Can you not borrow a video camera and record it all?
Becky
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Can you not borrow a video camera and record it all?
Becky
I suggested that Becky,but apparently it can't be used as evidence,just got to log everything.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I thought the Enviromental Health People did have special powers now to go in and seize the cause of the nuisance,ie:stereos etc., and with the help of the Police if needed unless its only certain areas.As usual you are led to believe the powers are there to help us but when you need them no-one wants to know.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I suggested that Becky,but apparently it can't be used as evidence,just got to log everything.
Typical, but if you log it AND have the video evidence that might help surely?
Becky (wondering why there are some so inconsiderate people on this planet )
Becky
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
hi sal,

this unfortunatly is something that i too have lived with for too long (6 years plus!), i will p.m you my phone number honey and you can call me if you want too. if it helps i'll ring you back.

all i will say is that it has taken us (as you can see above in brackets) a long long time to get to where we are now, it is a very long and slow process.

chin up and call me if you want too. xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I thought the Enviromental Health People did have special powers now to go in and seize the cause of the nuisance,ie:stereos etc., and with the help of the Police if needed unless its only certain areas.As usual you are led to believe the powers are there to help us but when you need them no-one wants to know.
Ain't that the truth,apparently because we live in such a small area they don't do out of hours yet they took the power of enforcement from the police
Now if i was to take it upon myself to do something about it,i would be in trouble but who's there to help us?

Typical, but if you log it AND have the video evidence that might help surely?
Becky (wondering why there are some so inconsiderate people on this planet )
Becky
I'm going to Becky at least it will prove we have a problem,and i'm going to keep ringing he Police too,they will listen to us,nobody should have to put up with that.

The guy i spoke to at the housing said i may well just have to accept we have a noisy neighbour I don't think so,I will force them to sort it,or he can live here for a month
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
What a cheek, I bet he'd do something about it if they were his neighbours!
Becky
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
What a cheek, I bet he'd do something about it if they were his neighbours!
Becky
Yes I bet he would,
Well tonight we heard shouting outside in the street and it turns out she's having a Domestic with a bloke,I've never seen him before nor has hubby.He had her around the throat shouting at her and she was shouting back,I have a feeling he's her ex.
So for an hour after we had doors been slammed music,etc and she went out at 7.30pm.Peace at last,I hope she doesn't come back tonight.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2007, 08:35 PM
any form of evidence has to be taken seriously.
i didnt think you could video without there consent ie know they are being filmed.
in which case they will not do owt.
as far as i know you can log it, try and get independant witness statements etc to say yes it happened etc....ie friends visitors etc.
your allowed to audio tape for noise and your'll have to say on tape what time of day/night the tape started running and if anything happens allow it to record and state the time.

but i work with some as usualful as a choclate tea pot so understand your frustration.
good luck sal.