Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 11:35 PM

Slow? I thought it was me .....

I have had probs with my laptop ever since installing full version anti virus on it.
The expert at work said press this, now this.... which brought up some performance boxes on my work one. He said the "peak" figure" should not go above the figure in the top right hand box.
So - tried it on the laptop. The peak was not only above the other figure, it was around FOUR times the value
It seems my RAM is only 190 odd. Need more!!!!!!
Poor laptop, and I thought it was me being slow. Now I just have to ask the IT man if I can double up with a higher value, or does it have to be another 190 ... doesn't seem enough that way. Sounds like 2 new, big RAM cards needed to get it up to a decent amount.
Any comments, IT people out there?
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-04-2007, 05:03 AM
256meg is the absolute minimum I'd consider for alappy running any modern variant of the Windows operating system, and probably at least twice that. Fortunately lappy memory is not expensive these days. If you can afford it try and get half a gig in your machine, and then the lappy won't need to use the hard drive as *pretend* memory.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2007, 07:04 AM
It all depends on what your laptop supports in the way of ram. This will determin if you can upgrade and to how much ram you can have installed.

If you provide the make and model of the laptop i could properly tell you what you can go upto.

Take for example the sony vario range most of them support up to 2 gigs of ram so it is very possable that you could increase your ram but as i said depends on your laptop