Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:07 PM

My Day At Crufts by Giddy - English Setter

Hello everyone, a very sleepy Giddy here. :smt015

Mummy made us get up at 3 o’clock this morning and expected us to eat our breakfast at this ungodly hour. When she came through and woke us up we all simply snuggled up with each other and left her to it, only when she insisted we eat our boiled eggs and soldiers with milk did we venture from our lovely warm beds. I was particularly sleepy as mummy made me have a bath last night and I had drifted off into a lovely deep sleep when she was blowdrying me. I had to wear my towelling coat to keep my wavy locks all nice and flat ready for the day but when I got back out with the others, naughty Tawny and Fabian were trying to take it off me and they were dragging me from one side to the other, it really wasn’t my fault that there was a lot of noise going in, they were the culprits, nothing to do with me, I’m a very good boy, I’ll have you know. Anyway, mummy had to get up to them twice in the night and, each time she work me up too as I was nodding off whilst they nibbled at my coat, I didn’t realise that they were trying to shred it whilst I wore it.

Once mummy had fed us and tidied up after us she got herself ready, a quick cuppa then a very posh outfit to complement my lovely haircut and silky soft fur.

She picked her friend June up at 5 a.m. and, once I’d had my obligatory nuzzle around Junes head, I settled down for the journey. It was very uneventful and we got there at 7 a.m., a whole three hours before judging was supposed to start, we could have had another couple of hours sleep, surely. Mummy was adamant that we only made such good time as we missed the rush hour by leaving so early and that we could use the time wisely, i.e. get a cup of tea, get me brushed (again), and get a quick bit of shopping. I was up for that as mummy got us a big supply of special Crufts pigs ears, they are very, very nice, I can’t personally taste the difference between those and normal ones but mummy says they must be special because of where she bought them from.

Mummy’s friend was benched next to her, they haven’t seen each other for ages but her lovely little girl puppy went into the ring first and, to mummys delight won a first prize, it was even more exciting when she won best puppy in breed. Mummy was so pleased as, only a couple of years ago this lady had never been to Crufts so it was nice that someone new had such a big win, mummy hugged the lady and I tried to kiss the little girlie but she was a bit too quick and ran away from me.

We had lots of visitors to our bench, I did recognise some of them as being people that had visited us when Bradley and his brothers and sisters were small, they had gone to live with them, I also saw the people that have got his mummy Bramble living with them now, they made a big fuss of me and told mummy how handsome I am, (I think she does know that already though). We met Eloquence and her lovely children, they cuddled me and gave me big hugs which was lovely. Also, later in the day Zoundz came to visit too, it was so nice meeting so many people, especially when they kept telling mummy how handsome I am

Before long it was time for us to go into the big ring, just as we were waiting to go in Auntie Rachel introduced herself, she was very lovely and I would have liked to hug her but I was concentrating on conserving my energy and giving the impression that I was totally chilled out as I was laying flat out on the floor, I did allow her to make a fuss of me and forgot myself and went a bit daft for a few moments, then I had to start concentrating again. Auntie Kim, (Rupert & Harveys mummy) was there with her small person William, they took lots of photos of me and mummy so we are hoping to get the through and be able to put them on here for everyone to see.

Mummy and I walked into the big ring, I could feel lots of eyes on us and really wanted to do mummy proud. Mummy kissed my head, (she does that to all of us when she shows us), and told me that, no matter what happened, she loved me unreservedly and would be taking the best doggy home with her. I could have played up safe in the knowledge of what mummy had said but no, I owed it to mummy to do my very best for her, we are a partnership after all and, after the hard work she had put into getting me to look so gorgeous, I just had to be a very good boy for her. I showed my socks off, I glided around the ring as we were running, I gave the judge a kiss and everyone else around the ringside that was up for it. Mummy even got a stud enquiry from me kissing and cuddling the spectators, I was also checking out the handbags for any goodies but they kept catching me. There was some television men pointing a camera in our ring when we were being judged, mummy was hoping I would be on the telly but we haven’t seen anything tonight.

Sadly, mummy said the judge had mud in her eyes, I bet that hurts a bit, poor judge. Auntie Kim was very cross because she said the judge didn’t look at me, mummys friend June explained about something called “you scratch my back” which is some kind of disease amongst judges, I hope mummy makes sure she has her inoculations against it, it sounds awful and I wouldn’t want mummy to become infected by it.

Lots of people kept coming over to mummy and making a fuss of me and saying how lovely I am, mummy was telling them that she was very, very happy with me and hopes to get me and Bradley and Tawny to some shows very soon, that would be such good fun going out with mummy and my two mates.

When we got home mummy was very cross, ex uncle Gary had stayed for the afternoon and was supposed to feed the others, apparently he only gave them their boiled eggs and sausages, he didn’t give them their tripe with it, no wonder everyone was so hungry when we got home, mummy had to do everyones dinner before she could relax after she had thought everyone had been taken care of. I think that man is in big trouble when mummy catches up with him.

After we had our tripe for dinner mummy gave us all some pigs ears and we’ve all settled down now for another snooze. Its been a lovely day being out with mummy, I really enjoyed it but think it would have been a little bit better had she let me get frisky with that lovely lady doggy that I met, her mummy said that she was a bit of a flirt and I shouldn’t get my hopes up. No harm in trying though, maybe one day I might get lucky and find myself a beautiful girlfriend. Maybe I could have a lovely dream about that, our brill day out finished by sorting myself out with a lady friend.

Night, night everybody, love from Giddy xxxx
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Well done Giddy - its a shame about that judge with mud in her eye!

Me and Max watched out for you on TV, but didn't see you (and Max was more interested in the Dogue De Bordeaux at the end )

I'll bet you had a lovely day out and I know that your mummy thinks you are the best dog at Crufts anyway!

Big Boxer licks from Max and hugs from his mummy!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Night, night Giddy, what a day you've had. I bet your poor mummy is dropping to sleep. Thank you for taking the time to tell us all about your very exciting day, I'm sure you will be back next year and show them judges!

Kisses and licks from all our gang XX
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I too was watching out for you Giddy and I am soooo disappointed that I didn't get to see you at all. The Girls had their paws crossed for you as well. I have not told them yet as they are outside fast asleep in their House, but will tell them in the morning.
In my opinion Mummy is quite right, she took the Best Dog home with her.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I was thinking of you today Giddy, watched the telly in the hope that you were on. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your day out, you must be pooped now - you have a nice long sleep and dream about that gal you met today, perhaps you might get a nice lie in tomorrow morning. Nite Nite sleep tight!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Thankyou Giddy for telling us all about your wonderful day.
I'm sorry that silly judge had all that mud in her eye. Hope the other shows you go to have judges who don't play muddy games!
Sleep well and look after your mummy, she must be tired tonight too.
Love from the girls to you.
x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi Giddy It was so kind you you to tell us all about the lovely day you had and it was a long one for you and for your mum so I suppose by now you will be fast asleep. That really was a silly judge with mud in her eye. Obviously she could not see what a handsome young man you are. However with all the fussing you got and the "special Crufts" Pigs ears, all in all it wasn't such a bad day for you and I bet Mummy really enjoyed meeting all her friends old and new and some from Dogsey. Hope next time you get a judge who does not have mud in her eye and who does not have an itchy back which requires scratching, but I know from experience there ars a lot of them around, which is rather a shame. Sweet Dreams handsome Giddy and Love and hugs to you and your mum and all the others. Auntie Eunicexxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 01:10 AM
scorpio, your a gem, I love your outlook on life/world and dogs, you should put pen to paper and do some kids books or the like, your posts are fab
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 01:47 AM
awwww! glad you got home alright old fruit! was wonderful to meet you and your mum - and here's a pic I took of you for your scrapbook!

xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 02:56 AM
he is a fantastic looking chap, what wonderful colours he is, and so spick n span lovely lovely looking giddy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >