Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2005, 02:04 PM

Can anyone help??

I have a white boxer dog and I recently found a hard pea-sized lump near hip, I am very worried about this and we have an appointment to see the vet in a few days. I think it could be cancer but she is still very young and I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else. If anyone who's dog has had cancer could you please tell me about it and what happend to your dog. This would be very helpful and a great comfort!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 02:10 PM
I think carole recently had the same problem with star and it turned out ok, she will probably be along soon to help!!
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 02:26 PM
I found a small pea sized lump on Olives ribs one day, rushed her straight to the vet in a panic. The vet had a feel around and told me that is was probably just a cyst cause by a branch jagging into her and to give it a few days. Sure enough in a few days it was gone. The vet said these lumps are quite common on short haired dogs, because there is little coat to protect them from bushes etc.

Hope it's nothing.

XXX
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi Gemma

Star has a pea sized lump on her back. The vet told us it was a sebaceous cyst. I can lift it up away from her body and move it about. She has had it for 10 months now and it has not changed. At the moment the vet does not want to remove it as its not infected or growing bigger but it is being kept an eye on.

Its best to get any lump checked out cause boxers seem to get all sorts of lumps and bumps.

This is Star's cyst, not sure how clear it is. It just looks like a lump under the skin

WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks Carole for that information, you have eased my mind a bit. The lump on Stars back looks exactly like the one on Roxys back but about an inch away. I always think the worst but now I'm not dreading taking Roxy to the vets. Thanks everyone for your opinions!
Carole
Supervisor

12-02-2005, 08:48 PM
good luck at the vet you are doing the best thing in getting it looked at.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

13-02-2005, 01:39 AM
I doubt very much that Roxy's bump is anything nasty. But, it is very important to get ANY unusual lump, bump, or swelling, on a Boxer checked by your vet. Unfortunately they are prone to various cancers which, in many cases, can be successfully treated if caught early enough.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2005, 01:43 AM
The general rule, I find, is if the lump moves independently under the skin then it is probably just a cyst or something. Try not to worry too much, Bonnie was covered in lumps and bumps and lived to the grand old age of 15!