21-01-2005, 01:31 PM

Flexi leads

Does anyone have any opinion on these?
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2005, 01:39 PM
HI,

I have always used them as Cavaliers dont have any road sence so its the safest way for them to have a run in the park. One mistake is to let a puppy run on a flexi as i feel it teaches them to pull if they dont know to walk to heal 1st. This was at least the problem we had with our Border Collie.

I wouldnt be without at least 1 flexi now, I always get one that will with stand a weight thats greater than my dogs just incase.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 02:06 PM
I have one on 8 meters to use when I take Luna to the woods as dogs are not allowed off lead in some of our woods.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I think they work quite well for as stated above and for the smaller to average sized dog but they are no good for dogs that pull on the lead or for large/supersized breed, rotties/mastiffs etc.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2005, 02:36 PM
It must just be me who has a problem with them then cos I find them absolutely useless they get wrapped around bushes and clumps of grass not to mention draged in cow poo No, I prefer a dog on an ordinary lead under control in a confined enviroment or under control but running free To me an extending lead does neither of these things
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 02:59 PM
I have one and it was a godsend ( still is at times ) whilst working on Murphs recall or If we go somewhere new I keep Murph on it -he can still have a bit of a run but I can still reel him in if need be -I have to say my pet hate is dogs on flexi leads on pavements miles ahead of their owner
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 03:13 PM
For me Staffy's and flexi leads do not go well together they are too strong lol. I used to use them when the girls were pups for training but as they got older I use 6ft horse leads for long muddy walks (very strong, long & durable and cheap as chips) and a normal size Nylon lead for walks around parks and in town.
Carole
Supervisor

21-01-2005, 03:16 PM
I have one for Star for large breeds. I think it is for up to 40kg.
Annestaff
Supervisor

21-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Didn't realise they did them for large breeds, might try one on the pup as she's not too good at coming back and it will give her a bit of freedom without being on a short lead.
Carole
Supervisor

21-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Stars is all webbing and not a cord one. It looked a lot stronger than the cord ones. So far its lasted 2 years. Just looked its up to 50kg for the large one.

thats the one we have.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >