Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Solitaire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2007, 12:17 PM

New Tail Docking Law ??

Has anybody heard if the tail docking law is to be changed to a total ban, a friend in the UK has heard this on the grapevine and wonders if it is true.

I'm not in a docked tail breed so said I would ask around
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
It is *supposed* to be a total ban in Scotland but I dont know much about the English law.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 12:44 PM
At the moment the docking ban comes into effect as of 6th April. However, they are still not sure whether it will be a total ban or there will be an exemption for working dogs. As it stands it is banned bar working dogs and you cannot show dogs docked after the 6th April.
Becky
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
There is a thread about the docking ban on dogsey, I believe it will either be in Dog Discussions or General Dog Chat, that thread should answer your questions.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
At the moment the docking ban comes into effect as of 6th April. However, they are still not sure whether it will be a total ban or there will be an exemption for working dogs. As it stands it is banned bar working dogs and you cannot show dogs docked after the 6th April.
Becky

Hi Becky, think you can show if legally docked, but not at shows where the public pay entry, eg crufts, skc and the like,
dont quote me on that though, they seem to move the goal post every time you think you know whats happening its all change, thats the gov though, also is it not banned in england then?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I thought the same Dougie. I understand this years beta gundog weekend is free entry for the first time as they have a lot of docked show dogs on discover dogs. I know we use show dogs as the working dogs in our breed as usually competing
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Sorry yes I forget that bit! You can't show if the public pay to get in so all the biggie shows no but I would have thought open and club shows are OK.
Becky
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I thought the same Dougie. I understand this years beta gundog weekend is free entry for the first time as they have a lot of docked show dogs on discover dogs. I know we use show dogs as the working dogs in our breed as usually competing
not on my schedule it isnt!

HPRs and A.V retriever tests 25 quid and A.V spaniel test 12quid
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I think they mean free entry to people into the show not a free entry for showing your dog lol!
Becky
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think they mean free entry to people into the show not a free entry for showing your dog lol!
Becky
a girl can dream!!!!!!!