Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 08:46 PM

Attention Londoners...Need your help

Right all of you that know London. I'm taking my mum to see Dirty Dancing at the Aldwych Theatre in May next year and need a decent hotel close to the theatre so we can just jump in a taxi before the show. We're taking the train down and just need something clean and decent. Doesn't need to be flash, just clean, quiet and reasonably priced. Any suggestions welcome.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi Jackie,
I'll have a scout round for you tomorrow and pm you some to chose from that are either walking distance or a short taxi ride away. Too late for me to start looking now hon, but will def do for you tomorrow
xx
Minnie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:25 PM
There is a Premier Lodge just the other side of the Thames that is a short taxi ride or longer walk away. It's right by the London Eye and I think that is fairly reasonable and they are normally clean too! There are also some by Kings Cross and that isn't too far by taxi but it's not too good an area to be walking about in.
There are LOTS of hotels near by so if you find any shout and I am sure we let you know about them!
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Ooooh, I've got tickets for Dirty Dancing too on 4th December

Sorry, can't help with hotels near-by as we always stay around the Kensington are when we're in London and we don't mind using the tube or bus.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi Jackie,
Sorry for the delay - this link gives a few in the area at various prices. Hope this helps xx
http://www.londontown.com/NearBy/Lon...dwych_b34.html
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks everyone, think I've decided on the Strand Palace, 3 minutes from the theatre and looks lovely. 3 star, twin room for £103.00. Was going to splash out on the Hilton Waldorf but couldn't justify the price to myself.